I'm not sure what to say or do (RE: Autism and the like)

Good on you for pushing it! :hugs:

Where are they going to refer her to? Developmental Pediatrician? I'm not sure how the process is over there as it is here. :hugs:

Its apparantly a communication unit with the local childrens hospital

I would totally do some research on it. Google the name etc, find reviews, is there any way to get in touch with parents who's children have already gone through this? I've found that's been the biggest saving grace for me.

Small Update from me:

Talked with the head of the Resource Teacher program today, she came in after hearing me and another Mom talk about my fears with the ADOS etc (Claire was at her weekly Resource Teacher play group).

She said that she's done quite a few ADOS tests, so much in fact that now they can see a kiddo and accurately guess what range they will score on their ADOS. Then when the results come in sure enough kiddo places where they think they will. She said she has no doubt that Claire will score Autistic on the ADOS test.

Also that I should have some faith in the test, its very "strong" and has ways of flushing out the behaviours in a kiddo even if they are having a good day at the time.

I hope she's right. 2 more months and we'll be at our appointment!

My son didnt present very stereotype autism at his ADOS, he was in a right good mood for most of the assessments and he still got diagnosed, I was thinking they would think I was making it all up :(

Stuff noted was his echolalia, slight flapping, minimal but some eye contact. x

Thank you Jasmak! I wonder if that's the same as the UCB that stops once they turn 6 as well? Ugh, I so want OT for her. She can't handle transitions to anything, bed, someone else's house etc. She'll be okay if we heavily prep her for the change, but if something happens spur of the moment (life does that!) she loses her marbles.

It took her 8 months of weekly Resource Teacher playgroups for her to be okay enough when I left her there. :( Poor thing would scream her head off.

MF - That's really interesting! Claire has a massive oral thing (for lack of a better word), she's always putting stuff in her mouth. I always thought that would end at the toddler stage but I have to watch her like a hawk and make sure she doesn't eat whatever it is she has in her hands. :wacko:

Ugh!!! Just today she had a chunk of her hair in her mouth, and she literally chewed off a big piece of it and tried to eat it! NO idea why she sucks/eats her hair, she'll frantically pull in it to try and soothe herself or she'll suck on a piece and eat it. :sick:

I was told OT would help with that as well, give her other ways to regulate herself. Ugh, I don't want to wait any longer! :(

Makena eats her hair and clothing. I laugh, but its gross....and annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"