Im out of ideas and hope!

sonny

Mummy of Tabitha
Reaction score
Well this last 8 days or so have been the worst ever!
Tabs started sleeping through since about 3 and a half months without a night feed.Just very occasionally wanting a dummy etc or when she was teething with her bottom teeth we had some probs.
She would go down around 7pm then i would top her up between 10-11 and then she would sleep until 7.10(it was that precise!)
So for the last 8 nights she has been waking up in the middle of the night at 2.30 and 5am! and most nights on the 2.30 she is up for an hour and a half!
It is driving me insane and i dont know what to do! there is no one to hand over to at all now.
She wakes then starts thrashing around violently in her crib,moaning and whining.At first i tried to ignore her as i didnt waht her to think she got attention when she did it etc but it got to the point of her still doing it after an hour and a half so i would do her nappy,wind her in case it is that.Nothing helped and she would still whine and moan and with such a temper its unreal.
So the last resort was a bottle and she takes about 1-2oz and thats it....then again at 5am up and has 1-2oz!!
I wouldnt mind so much if it was more! but effing about with piddily bits is crazy and i seriously think she is getting used to it now.
When she is whining it is impossible for me to ignore and it gets me upset and then think i must be doing something wrong etc.

Absolutely nothing has changed during the day,still the same feed times and she she still fusses about and it takes forever to even get her to drink 4oz!! at a time. Whereas some days in the afternoon she will drain a 6oz!
You would think a baby would be hungry in the morning too but no.........today she has had 2oz at 8.30 and refused her cereal!

She has such a bad temper on her and seems to purposefully kick and scratch me and pull my hair and whatever i do doesnt seem good enough for her.
She is only happy to do things for about 15mins then seems to get pissed off and want to do something else.

She is now only having 2 35min naps in the day time down from 4 35 min naps.But that is all she will ever do and i cant force her??

Any help would be appreciated as its making me feel useless and as though she hates me?? She doesnt do this when other people are around,the hair pulling etc.
After the 2nd MRI scan was found to be all clear they did that they cannot be totally certain and said that she may have trouble in the future to the extent of dotting i's and crossing the t's but now im paranoid its that.

To top it off the consultant said to start weaning her off her meds so last night i went up at 10 to top her up as usual,after 4 oz the whole lot came back up again followed by all her pudding and dinner all over me,my bed,her crib,her and the floor.
So after cleaning that up and trying to calm her down as obviously its burning her on the way up. I give her a drop of water and then all her lunch came up!??!! all over the place again so by this point she is going balistic with the pain.
Consultant said to go from 3 meds a day to 1??? surely better to down each dose??
HELP!
I cant do this day/night in and out.
My day is constantly Tabs from feeds,to keeping her upright,changing clothes,bathing,mopping up sick,nappiesand then the trying to get her to nap during the day. Surely im doing something wrong? or do i just have an awkward one?
:hissy:

i dont have any advice hun as im having the same problem at night with jack all i can offer you is :hug: x x

:hug: Can you give her consultant a call about the meds? Especially if she's being really sick - why does he want her completely off them now?

Sam's always been a good sleeper at night too, but he has weeks where he'll do exactly the same as Tabs (like this week until last night), and it always coincides with more teeth coming through and then goes back to normal, so maybe it's that? Hope things get better for you both soon x

I agree about ringing your consultant. I really hope things get easier for you, it sounds really tough! Alasdair has a habit at the moment of waking up twice in the night too (around the same time Tabs does) but fortunately, so far, we have avoided giving him a bottle. It's such hard work though.

:hug:: I hope it gets easier for you. I know that Hannah was waking up at night for a bottle and than refused to eat in the mornings. We had to quit cold turkey on her night feed to get her to eat during the day. But she never had the reflux problems Tabs has had

Do you think she has more teeth coming through - Katie only had 2 teeth for ages and during all of January she wakes up a couple of times during the night (she never used to do this) and she's had another 5 teeth in 4 weeks.
I'd definitely get a 2nd opinion about the medication.

Katie pulls my hair all the time - i think all babies like to do this at this age! I tell her I'll get my own back when her hair grows!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->