I'm pregnant - at 39!

Babushka

Reaction score
I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my first at 39 years of age :thumbup:

The only thing that I changed was that I drastically reduced my alcohol consumption... I had only 4 glasses of wine in 6 weeks rather than the usual 20-25 glasses :blush: Guess our bodies are a lot more delicate as we age!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my good news and give you some hope.

Good luck :happydance:

The only thing that I changed was that I drastically reduced my alcohol consumption... I had only 4 glasses of wine in 6 weeks rather than the usual 20-25 glasses :blush: Guess our bodies are a lot more delicate as we age!

That's great news congratulations!!! Happy and healthy pregnancy to you :happydance:

Congrats! And thanks so much for sharing and giving us hope. Maybe I need to limit my wine consumption, too...

love this. i'm 39 as well.
40 is quickly creeping up, so your post is just what i needed!

:hugs:

Wow great news congratulations, how long had you been trying? this month I have cut out caffine although I was only having 1 cup a day and defo going to drop the alcohol, not that I drink that much but got to be worth it. Did you do oks? good luck and take care

Super! Wishing you a happy, healthy pregnancy.

Like so many others, hoping I get similar news soon. Got pregnant after our first calculated attempt in February (aged 40). All seemed far too easy and indeed it was: miscarried at nine weeks. Sigh. Working to get cycle back on track now to try again.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks girls. I got my HCG results back last night and they were over 200,000 at 8 weeks which is apparently a good sign that everything is going well.

We were "not trying/not preventing" for about 9 months. I honestly didn't think it would happen because of my age (although I feel about 30), also my partner is 44 so he is no spring chicken either!

Smurfy, we weren't using any predictors - just having sex when I was in the mood which must have been at the right time :)

I do recommend to cut out binge drinking for those who partake and limit yourself to 2 glasses a week maximum because I honestly believe this is what made the difference for us this time.

Congrats!!! Ok I guess I will try that again too!,,

Congrats!! I'm 39 too and just got my BFP a week and a half ago. I had a chemical pregnancy in June & since July I've been getting acupuncture from an acupuncturist who specializes in fertility~ I think that made a big difference for me. I feel my body is more prepared this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->