I'm really broody and it's making me so miserable

Layla-May

Reaction score
I am in no position at all to TTC. I never used to want kids, but the past few months it's all I can think about. It's making me feel so low.
I just want it off my mind. How the hell can I stop myself thinking about it constantly? :(

I think pretty much all of us here can sympathise entirely.

Do you have a date set to TTC? I found that this helped immensely, as it was something to work towards. Stopping the pill and starting to chart has also helped me in so much that I feel much better prepared now and more in tune with my body and it has taken my mind off TTC a little. I am also taking prenatal vitamins now and every night I take them I know I'm 1 day closer to TTC and that I'm preparing my body for a miracle.

In the 3 months I have left to wait I'm going to try and fill it with eating sensibly and will be increasing and maintaining my fitness levels by doing 3 lots of exercise a week. It doesn't sound much but I don't normally exercise at all (exercise-induced asthma), so it will make a big difference.

Are you at a healthy weight for your height? If not, try to use the time to wait by losing/gaining some weight and toning up, as weight can have a lot of bearing on conceiving (both being underweight or overweight).

Is there something you've always wanted to do or a place you've always wanted to visit? Now's the time to do this.

This is all I'm doing during my wait - filling it with things to distract me and to try to create a healthier body so I'm completely ready for a baby.

I wish the broodiness would go away, but for me it certainly hasn't. So distraction is what's keeping me from going crazy at the moment.

I have no idea about TTC, I can imagine it won't be for years at least.
I'm on disability benefit at the moment, so I can't really afford to do anything which doesn't help :(

I don't understand how I can go from not wanting kids to feeling like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->