I'm scared of meats.....

charlottesmum

Reaction score
I know this is a bit silly but I'm worried about making meat puree's! Charlotte 5.5 months and she has been getting rice, porrage, fruit and veg puree's since she was 4 months. She gets 3 meals a day now (plus her milk) but really want to try meats (puree'd if possible). I freeze icecubes with her veg and fruits so they're easy to get.
What meats have other people tried, how do you prepare them and can you freeze in portions like the fruit and veg??
Thanks,
x

I just puree cooked meat (he's only tried chicken, mince (in spag bol) and salmon so far) with a litte water and then freeze it. I've also put a bit of beef gravy (you can buy it in boots like the ready made sauces for babies) in with the chicken and then frozen it. I was a bit scared about introducing it too but Alasdair has been fine with it. I know other Mum's who've introduced it more slowly by adding stock to their vegetables and their babies have all sorts of stuff now without any fuss.

I did wait til 6 months to introduce meat but that was mainly because we had a break from weaning (he was poorly) and I wanted to put it off for as long as possible!

I never tried puree-ing meat, I started giving it when my baby went onto lumpier and mashed foods so maybe wait til then?

The first meat he got was beef mince, cooked with onion and served with mashed potato and carrot. I took his portion of mince and onion out before I put the bisto in so his was just dry mince but he didn't mind. I always get my mince from the butcher and it is a finer mince than Tesco supermarket mince. Sainsbury's mince is quite finely minced too.

My baby has had quite a lot of different meats and fish because he gets what we have now, the only thing we haven't had in ages is pork so he has never tried that.

I'm thinking of going a bit lumpier now as she's had her teeth since she was 3 months and looks ready to chew! Again worried about choking and think find it easy to puree everything and freeze,
What age did you start on lumpier foods?

i give thomas steak and vegies pureed together then put it in ice cube trays.i also give him chcken brest or thigh with vegies and do the same.ive also have made him a steak meal in the slow cooker just cut the steak into cubes and cut up all the vegies and add stock then puree it all then put it in ice cube trays then once its frozen then put it in snap lock bags.just anough for each meal tht way u can make up more dishes and freeze them so ur not giving them the same meal every nite

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->