im so annoyed right now!!!!!

maxsmummy

mum of 4,
Reaction score
long story short max is ill AGAIN!!!!!!! suspested NEC again for the third time, im so annoyed this could have been prevented even the doctor sed it him self!!! they have changed him milk formula four times this week and all week i have sed im concerned how many times they have changed it!!! so now they have sttopped feeding him and put him bk in an incubator!!!!!!:cry:
he is still breathing by himself in air but i just wanted to scream a the doctor! all he sed was he understand my concern BUT he is a doctor!! and it is trail and error!!! (im sorry but i dnt want my baby to be trail and error) he was on a milk that his gut agreeded with but a new consultant came on and changed his care plan!!!!!!!!!!!! so now max is ill again and i cant believe he's got to go through this agen its so unfair he been thru so much already!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
sorry from the rant but im so stresed out rit now!!!!!!! specailly as this COULD and SHOULD have been prevented:nope:

I'm so sorry he is going through this :hugs:. I dont really know too much about it but from what you say, I would be more than annoyed! I hope he makes a speedy recovery poor thing.

Oh bless him, its horrid when they go back to the incubator Freddy did that too! Had a week in special care then picked up a bug and went back down to high special care.

That is totally out of order what they did and i hope you give em hell for putting your gorgeous little boy through this all again.

I wish him a speedy recovery xxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry you are going through a tough time right now. Get well soon baby Max. It sounds very positive that he is breathing independantly and is in air, he has already shown how strong he is, and I'm sure he will be himself again in no time. Look after yourself, sending you all big hugs x

I am sorry to hear about Max being unwell, I hope he makes a speedy recovery. I can understand why you are so annoyed...doctors can be so blase about things but to us it is our baby...you can put in a complaint about your babies level of care...
SEnding you a big hug! x

max seems alot better thanks every one!!!! obvisously hungary but there goin to start feedin him tonite hopfully!!!!!! i was so angry i hada whole list of tings that i told the doctors and wanted answers to!! i asked the to see if he is lactose in tolarate beacuse his dad is lactose!!!! aand dosent have any dairy!!! they sed NO!!!!!! even thouhg the only forumla he has been ok on is neocate, which happens to be dairy free!!!!!!! even the doctor kept saying sorry!!!!!! goin to the conslutant today!!!! and tell them i want to be told of ANY changes to his plan especailly feeding!!!!!!!!!! what mde me mad was last time he was really ill, i kept askin is it NEC, the doctors reply was no its not!!!!!!!! then the nurses told me the other day they are being very carful about his gut because of his his TWO previous cases off NEC!!!!!!! what the hell i would mind if i didnt keep asking!!!! but i was constanly asking them if it was!!!!!!!!!! :growlmad: my MIL is doing my head in she wants to be there with max all the time some times i want to be there just me even with out the OH!!! she keeps talking even though i dont feel like talking and i know if she kept talkin about it yesterday i kept crying!!!!! and jsut didnt want to any more!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: but today seems alot better is is good max is a lot more alert and back to his normal wriggly self!!!!!

So glad to hear Max is doing much better today...unfortunately you do have to be pushy with staff at the units, whilst they do have your LO interests at heart, you are his mother and you have to go with your instincts and fight his corner.

As for your MIL, can you not have a chat with her and ask her if you can have some time alone with Max. I know what you mean about wanting to be alone, you just want to sit, not talk, just stare at your LO and indulge in one way conversation with them not anyone else...I spent a lot of time on my own and I loved it...sometimes I wished we had a private room so there was total peace and quiet and I could just stare at Emily in silence...sounds odd but I was mesmerised by her...

Big hugs to you and Max, may his recovery continue quickly...x

Hi Hun

This mirrors what my ds went through while in scbu and his was down to the top ups they were giving him with formula. I felt the same that they never listened to me and i had to stand my ground with them and say why is it only happening while he has formula in the end i got them to do RAST tests and when they came back he was severe dairy intolrant they said sorry its also turns out he is allergic to soya as well. He is now on nutramigen which is amino acid based.
I hope he is on the up now and home with you very soon xx

Just you remember that they can't change his milk if you don't agree with it, stick to yoru guns!

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and you get him home soon to look after him the way you want!

As for your MIL, tell her you need time alone with your baby and from now on she is allowed up at certain times, if she does not agree to this then you will let NICU know that she is not allowed in. Trust me when I say that you have to set down some rules now or you will be pushed aside forever.

some good news i suppose they have started feeing max again on neocate because i hgave sed as they wont test him i dont want him on any dairy form of forumla!!!!!!!! he is being reviewed by the surgeons today so they will say whats happening next!!!! but he is bak to his 'normal' self now!!!!!!! so thats great just got to see what the surgeons say if he can be bk on full feeds!!!!!!

He is one strong little fighter! NEC is so serious. And to beat it twice is sometimes unheard of! You have a little champion on your hands! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->