I'm so confused!!!!

Jewel07

Reaction score
Just had a minor freak out! I'm so confused! I live in the UK baby due in June what do I dress baby in I've packed a vest, baby grow, hat and jacket and mittens and a blanket for coming home from hosp. But people mention doubling up or folding the blanket means two blankets really?! And what should baby sleep in without being too cold or too hot?! And what about sleeping bags?! OMG why don't I know this!!!!:dohh: I'm rubbish!:cry:

i've been having the same concerns (due in july)!!! we've just moved to the UK from the US and everything feels so new. I have TONS of vests and my MIL kindly suggested yesterday that I get a few cardigans (good idea!). I also got leg warmers and swaddle blankets (4) and plan to keep baby warm (if cold) with layers or let baby run around in vests if the sun finally comes out.

We're hopefully swaddling for a few months first before we move into sleeping bag territory, but i just learned :dohh: that you can swaddle a baby wearing a vest or a full onesie! and my swaddles are muslin so they're breathable. I think layering is the way forward!

Just had a minor freak out! I'm so confused! I live in the UK baby due in June what do I dress baby in I've packed a vest, baby grow, hat and jacket and mittens and a blanket for coming home from hosp. But people mention doubling up or folding the blanket means two blankets really?! And what should baby sleep in without being too cold or too hot?! And what about sleeping bags?! OMG why don't I know this!!!!:dohh: I'm rubbish!:cry:

I know what you mean - especially with the british weather being so... unpredicatable! I had a right freak out the other day and I think I read every page on the internet about dressing bubs!

I think your right on the coming home from hospital outfit. Maybe throw a cellular blanket or two in the bag just in case (in case its windy more than anything!). I dont think you'd need a snowsuit or anything as its not freezing out and you dont want baby getting too hot. Layering is better than one thick layer.

In terms of sleeping - all depends on the temp of the room. If its really hot, then bubs can sleep in just a vest, if its colder then you can pop baby in a sleepsuit and blankets etc. Sleeping bags are for use from around 8llbs so if bubs is smaller than that, you may want to think about blankets or swaddling. We're going to do the blankets rather than swaddling (if she'll let us!). Have a look on the grobag website as there's a temperature guide on there for tog ratings and clothes depending on the temp of the room. I've got the gro-egg thermometer to help out with the temperatures at first - we set our central heating so that the room was about 19 degrees c and we thought it was cold but cooler is good apparently! Might not spend as much on the heating as we thought!

Being too hot is more dangerous than being too cold so err on the side of caution.

I'm a FTM though so this is what Ive found while researching online!

see this is hard for me also even though i already have a dd, she was born in the winter so she came out in a sleep suit and blankets, but this is a summer baby i have no idea of how i should dress them, luckily for me my mom will help me as shes had 2 winter babies and 2 summer babies, it all depends on out weather its son unpredictable atm, i packed all dd's winter stuff away as last week was such a beautiful week and i thought yaaay summer is on its way but i soon got them out yesterday as it was flipping freezeing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->