• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm so evil :/ But was cross!!!

emaritska

Reaction score
There is a mother at baby group who seems to feel that parenthood is one big competition, who does what first etc, constantly boasting about how her lo is first for everything. now I usually just ignore these types putting it down to just having no social skills, nervousness or just idoiocy lol!

However.....for the past few weeks she has been critiquing Ethan's development at every session, commenting on fact he doesn't do a push up style thing when on tummy time (he is more of a face planter), the fact he doesn't roll over yet (he rocks but no rolling) and today was his weight and size (20weeks and 12lb 13oz which is petite but fine)..... Today I snapped and informed her ...

"My son may not be rolling yet but he laughs and coos more than others his age, he may not do push ups, but can sit with cushions for ages, and may be small but he was 6weeks early ......it's just a real shame your little one is going to suffer because of your idiotic competiveness. One day she won't be first at everything and although noone else will even notice, how will she feel if you comment constantly and make her feel bad?!?!"

She stuttered and spluttered and came back with " I just thinkits clear you aren't feeding him enough if he is only that size" ...

So before I could stop myself .... "Perhaps you should look at your own weight and eating habits before commenting on my babies!"

Harsh and now I feel a little bad (btw I'm overweight so wasn't being sizeist!!!) but I just snapped! Anyone else get like ths or ami just a bad person???

Na, you're quite right. I think we've been through enough without insensitive idiots making judgements!

good for you I say! some folk
are so misinformed about preemies, I won't even say try not to
compare babies coz I do it myself it's only natural lol sounds like your lo is coming on a treat, fab weight for his adjusted age. You were right to say something and don't worry about your last comment you made to her I'm sure that one sunk in haha. Preemie babies may be every do slightly delayed with movement but they make up for it in personality by the bucket load and when he is 2 at your toddler group they will both be on par with each other xx

Oh she'd have gotten much worse from me - indeed I know I'm going to get it from obnoxious self-appointed-earth-mother (in reality utterly shit mother) cousin from hell over Christmas and I'm liable to rip her a new arsehole and say things I probably should regret but won't when she starts.

Alternative tactic - "Oh well you see he felt that your children all needed a head start as he's so fabulous so he decided to turn up early to level the playing field a bit."

Actually if it was at something like a sure start run playgroup and it was personally targetted negative comments - I'd be complaining to the staff about bullying and harassment - add in the fact she seems to actively be harassing the mother of a premature baby if you want to add some indignant outrage - cos she sounds like a right obnoxious cow.

I get extremely defensive when anyone talks about Alexander not being as advanced as other babies. He's a miracle and he's still here. That's all that matters. I'd have given her a mouthful too x

Thanks girls, just needed to rant I was so cross!!!! Xxxx

You did better than me, i would have told her to shut the fuck up before i punch her.

Good for you! I would have snapped too. She went too far. :dohh:

Good for u ! People seriously need more understanding on prem Babies,

I too am sick of people comparing my baby ! he was 13 weeks early he is a miracle to be alive he is my superstar and i would not change him for the world he is prefect xx

You go girl! My little one is 21 weeks / 13 corrected and just today hit 0.4th centile line weighing 10lb 1oz...I'm chuffed to bits. If someone had dared to suggest to me that his weight issues had been because I havent fed him enough I would have swung for them! How rude!

I swear I would've done the exact same thing! I tend to cut below the belt when I get defensive anyway, so she would've gotten much worse from me, but I liked the way you told her ass off!:happydance::winkwink:

I too would have been a lot worse, my little ones are still in niccu, and if that was me in that situation, I might have decked her in the face, or at least b**ch slapped her to the moon, while using words i dont normally use.

Good for you!!! Some people are so ignorant and have no concept of prematurity or what the parents of a preemie go through. She was lucky that all you did was give her a verbal slap. Don't feel bad... sounds like she needed someone to clue her in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->