I'm so proud of myself!

Beadette

I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!
Reaction score
Sorry I feel like I need to give myself a big up really for stopping smoking! I know obviously it would have been better if I'd never had started but I'd seriously never been able to give up since I started at 15!

Anyhow I had always used the reasoning that I would give up when pregnant but I seriously thoughtid find it so difficult given my failures in the past!

I am just dead pleased with myself that I have not touched a fag! Not even at times of stress when normally would go straight for cigarette! I seriously hope that I keep it up after the birth!

I know non smokers will prob think its no big deal but I'm happy!

I've also managed to give up my other major addictions- red wine and Brie, Stilton and goats cheese! (oh how I miss them!) lol xxxxxx

ps- a huge well done to anyone else who has made changes in their lives to help bubs!!

Much love to all for happy and healthy pregnancies!! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i've had to give up smoking too, i started when i was 14... its not easy.. and by that i mean i'm going totally insane

Well done!!! =) i gave up smoking as soon as i found out and was amazed at how easy it was, i think as soon as you know you have a little baby inside you, you want to do whats best for them, and dont need fags! i hope i can keep it up after the birth aswell! xx

Congrats!!! That is a big step! I quit about 7 years ago and it is tough. :)

You must feel so proud knowing that you quit for your baby.

Yes I do feel proud! Well done to you too! I also know there are others struggling to quit and this thread is certainly not about making anyone feel bad! I just felt I needed to acknowledge how well I've done for positive reinforcement!! X

Congrats! Be proud, it's a big deal!
I managed to quit after years of trying too, started at 14, and was at a pack a day when I got my +hpt!
I definitely had a few weak moments, but on the whole it was alot easier than I ever thought it would be.
Just needed the right inspiration ;)

:thumbup: Well done hun. It really is hard to give up.

I gave up 3 months before TTC (pg in 4 months) and everytime a thought of having a ciggie I would think about my baby. I still think of having a ciggie 2 1/2yrs later :dohh:

Well done & congratulations! :D

That's the thing thats on my mind.. hope I don't pick up a cigarette after little one is born!

x

Hi and well done for giving up! :thumbup:

I too am 'on the wagon' after 15+ years of 20 fags a day, I'd tried so many times before I got pregnant, but am suprised at how easy its been since getting my BFP! I've had loads of support and encouragement (a lot of encouragement from my 8 week old bean making me puke! :sick:)

Its a nice feeling watching my other half shivering in the garden in the rain and gale force winds, while i'm all warm inside (smug? me? never :haha: )

Well done again!

Well done to all you too! I'm also thinking about the pair of pretty shoes i've promised myself each month (using the money I would have spent on cigs!) xxx

congrats, i'm on day 7 without cigs, how about you? i miss them alot but being pg makes it easier since i get lightheaded after smoking. good luck keeping quit after the baby is born

Its been 6 weeks now and I'm still going strong! X

My issue wasn't smoking as i hadn't smoked for 3 years, mine was drinking. I would happily have 3 bottles of wine a week without fail. I did have a very small glass last night but other then that i haven't touch it since finding out im pregnant, i think its the guilt that makes you not do it. I will be treating myself to a bucks fizz on Christmas day though

Yes janidog! The drinking has bothered me more than the smoking! I'm treating myself to a baileys on Xmas day! Xxx

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself! I haven't touched one in ages, but I actually kinda went of them without even realising, and the smell now and everything really makes me feel a bit sicky so I've been lucky that I've not craved them. I'll be having a spritzer or something like that xmas day too, I LOVE wine so I agree thats been hard!
Now more importantly what are these lovely shoes like that you must treat yourself too??!!

I've said that for every month I stay off the fags I will use that money to treat myself so i've not chosen the shoes yet I just know they'll be hot! Lol! Might not be able to wear heels as much when I get bigger so I better enjoy it! I'm hoping oh has bought me some ugg boots for Xmas so I can live in them and leggings! Lol xxx

Ooh UGG's Gods gift to feet!

I agree get the high heels worn now, I'm expecting lovely swollen ankles and fat feet for in spring/summer, something tells me I'm not going to be able to wear nice shoes then!!!

I always think there's something magical about a great pair of shoes, especially if you've saved up like you have and got them as a sign of your huge achievment, enjoy shopping for them! (hopefully in your toastie ugg's!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->