i'm so worried, please help..

flutterbylge

Riley's mummy & expecting
Reaction score
hello everyone, i am in Turkey now with my family and we went for a 4d scan as it is really cheap here compared the the UK. When we were there the doctor said everything was fine but when i came home i emailed DH the pictures and videos and now we are so worried about this huge bump on the babys forehead.. the doc said its asleep so didnt move much had his hands on his face all the way.. I have no idea why i didnt ask the doctor :cry: but aaargh i am worried sick, been trying to look on the forums, but cant find anything.. has any of you experienced anything like this? also can you see if it is a boy or a girl? as the doctor said he could see but DH didnt want me to find out as we wanted to find out together..

sorry for going on and on about it but im really worried, im sure you can understand..

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/flutterbylge/B_4.jpg

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/flutterbylge/B_3.jpg

and here are the videos if you would like to see:

https://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/flutterbylge/?action=view&current=B_4_LIVE.flv

https://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f108/flutterbylge/?action=view&current=B_3_LIVE.flv

i desperately need your opinions.. thank you so much in advance.. :hug:

im sorry hun them scan pictures lost me ( as in the bit next to the baby) :dohh: but i hope everything is fine :hug:

Awwww so sorry to hear you are worrying about this! I'm not sure what to tell you as I really have no idea..but if it makes you feel any better there are so many things on my ultrasound pictures that don't look 'normal' but doctors never mentioned anything about it! The one picture it looks like the babys legs are clubbed like and all deformed! But I'm assuming because doctors never said anything about it that all is fine!
I'm sure its nothing to be worried about :hug:

im guessin u know whats what why dont ya label the pics so ppl can give u a bettter opinion?

hope all is well.. also i think boy..

I think it's the baby's hand on his/her head!!

edit-just watched the video, so it's obviosly not a hand, but you know what? It's likely nothing, because if it was anything to be concerned about, the doctor would have said something, I can pretty much guarantee it. :hugs:

Hey sweets, I looked at the video and I see it too, could you phone the doc and ask him for peace of mind? I do agree that if it were sumthing aweful im sure he would of mentioned it...*hugs*

i think it looks a bit like a shadow, iykwim.

i think with baby still being so small it still has a lot of forming,growing to do and maybe this is just what babies at this stage look like. with these 4d scans still being quite new and they show so much clearer we will pick up on things that you wouldnt see on normal scans.

looking at the scan next to the 4d one, (the normal scan) you cant see anything out of the ordinary.

but if it makes you feel better then see your midwife to put your mind at rest.

goodluck :hugs:

personally i would ring my midwife and ask if she has email or something so you can forward it 2 her 4 a look. im just have assuming here but in turkey they might have a different system 2 us and might not say about superficial thigs that are wrong because they might be anit abortion or something so you never no, id rather my midwife take a look just 4 peace of mind. if you dont your only going 2 worry about it as much as you try not 2 its human nature

hope alls well xxxx

I would do the same- forward it to a doc or mw. It may be that you just got your scan done so early in your pg that you are seeing stuff you wouldn't otherwise. :hugs:

Yep, I would do the same, its better to check than worry about it. Its probably nothing. Hope all goes well. Take care :hugs: XX

i would say it was just an artefact- it looks like a shadow that might make it look extra bumpy but at some points in the video it disappears. But if I was really worried I'd contact the sonographer again to double check.

There are usually bumps and lumps and all sorts of things that don't look normal on those 4D scans but I am sure if it was something to worry about then the Doc would have said something. Ask your midwife if there is some one who could take a look at the pics etc to give a medical opinion. I am sure they would offer to scan again if there was something they were worried about hun. I can't tell the sex, it is too early any way hun xxx

I am no expert. So, I would have a Doctor review the findings. 14 weeks or 13 weeks is very early and baby has a larger head at this time.

oh babe, you are only 14 weeks. Most scan places wont do 3d scans til 16 weeks plus. I even saw one that wouldnt do them til 26 weeks plus much to my dismay. I cant really make out the pic since the baby is still so very small but i think they would say if there were any obvious issues.
wait til you are 25 weeks and then try again, its really early for a 3d scan.

Just to aggree with every one else hun .
try not worry , At 14 weeks baby still isnt fully formed and the head is soo much bigger than the rest of the body anyway .
Here in my town the clinic i went too would not offer a 4d scan untill 26 weeks as baby doesnt properly look like a baby to early ,
Good luck try not worry . xxx .

i wouldnt worry hun babys bones aint formed prop yet but i would show ur mw just to put your mind at rest x x

Hun i would do as other suggested but i have looked at the vids and to me bubs deffo looks like a little boy!! if you look good enough you can see something there :o)

xxxxx

it could be that baby is a boy but again, it could easily be a girl at that early stage since the bits look kinda the same (saw on a video on youtube that the penis could also be a hoohoo and gets smaller as baby gets bigger)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->