I'm sooooo itchy

bubbi25

Reaction score
GRRR!!! I've never been so itchy in all my life. It seems to mainly be on my hands, feet and arms but there's no indication of a rash.

Has anyone else had this?

I have a MW appt tomorrow so I'll ask her about it then. It's driving me insane! :wacko:

xx

Oh i only have a real itchy belly at the moment,

you havent changed body wash? or soap? or anything like that, our skin is a lot more sensitive in pregnancy

x

Honey you really need to call the hospital and go up for blood tests for Obstetric Choletasis, itching is the typical sign and on your hands and feet is the kind where its urgent to get tested. x

I can't think of anything I've changed, I'm using all the same stuff I was before.

Booohoooo :(

Honey you really need to call the hospital and go up for blood tests for Obstetric Choletasis, itching is the typical sign and on your hands and feet is the kind where its urgent to get tested. x

Really? Oh blimey. I'll call the MW now.

Thanks
x

Yeah i am too, i just rung the midwife as it can be a sign of OC as said above. She told me that you itch when hot when pregnant but if you find you are itching all the time even when cold, especially on your hands and feet then you need to go to the doctor or see the midwife asap.

I am going to keep an eye on my itching as it is getting worse on my hands and feet xx

yep i have it too and its driving me MAD!!!! :growlmad: i had it with my other two pregnancies as well, its pretty normal xx

yep i have it too and its driving me MAD!!!! :growlmad: i had it with my other two pregnancies as well, its pretty normal xx

its not normal if its in your hands and feet hun, bellys completely normal, but the hands and feet should always be checked out - theres a sticky in here about it x

its not normal if its in your hands and feet hun, bellys completely normal, but the hands and feet should always be checked out - theres a sticky in here about it x

ye i bn 2 doc's n they said if its palms of your hands n soles of your feet its not normal but other than that all over itching is just one of the joys of bn pregnant :( i have had the tests with my other two as well and got told the same :( x

it can also be a sign that your iron is low, as it was in my case

Well I phoned her and she wants to do a blood test tomorrow when I see her, she did say that it could be cholestasis but the blood test should let us know more.

I'm all teary eyes and in a bit of a panic now.
x

Well I phoned her and she wants to do a blood test tomorrow when I see her, she did say that it could be cholestasis but the blood test should let us know more.

I'm all teary eyes and in a bit of a panic now.
x

Try not to panic (easy to say I know). If mw was really worried she'd have got you to have bloods today or sent you to hospital straight away. My friend had OC but was monitored for a few weeks before she was given a c-section at 34 weeks (and had a perfectly healthy little boy who is now a lovely, bright, little 4 year old) so it doesn't always mean an immediate rush to treat.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow.

Dont panic hun, just wanted to make sure you got checked out, if your bile salts are up (the test they will do) they will keep an eye on you an more than likely induce you at 37 weeks, i was begging that my last test results were positive just so i could get him out! was almost disappointed that they came back as normal (well okay, they werent normal but they were pretty good!) how awful is that?

The blood test takes a good few days to come back so dont be getting stressed out! if she does them tomorrow it will be friday before they're back, thurs if you're lucky!

My MW said if it was in my hands and feet she would of sent me straight to the hospital so they could get the test results back quicker, mine was in my arms and legs so she did it at the surgery - but i guess everywheres policy is different...

but dont stress, your not going to get violently ill and neither is baby, its like blood pressure, just another thing they have to keep an eye on :hugs:

Try not to worry, they know what they are doing and better checking you for it than to just leave it. I am sure you will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->