Im starting my journery all over again.

M

mummyvikki

Havent posted for over a year in premmie babies
Hope all mommy's and babys are doing well & sorry to the loss's of such precious premmies.

I don't know where to start,I have alot of support from the girls in 2nd tri but im needing premmie mommy's advice.
Im 20weeks now nearly 21weeks with baby no2 so coming this far is a start..Im under a premmie consultant at my hospital who is 20wk (well21) & 24wk scanning my cervix for dilation and if any i will be offered further treatment.

This is my oh's 1st baby and he doesn't really understand what i went through with ds1 although he seemed healthy at 4lb he was far from that and i sit and worry day in day out how im going to cope if i have another premmie and have my 3year old at home..My mom is great and understands my feelings fully. I just dont know where to turn im nervous as hell.

Doesnt help the fact i was standing in a local shop when a lady asked me how far along i was..20weeks i said..her reply being oh my you are carrying very low aren't you are you sure your only 20weeks

Sorry for ranting on but has anyone else experienced all this im going through now and has some positive outlook for me xx

1st thing ignore the comments from people hun, I've had 4 preemie's and don't think men ever understand what we go through and how much worry it causes us.
If you end up having a preemie you will cope because you have to, will you mum be able to help you with childcare? Do you have any close friends who would be able to help?
Sending you :hugs: and hope you keep you little Girl cooking until term xx

Thank you for your reply
My mother does work full time and so does my dad
But like you say i would have to cope.Its a case of we have to :)
How did your pregnancy vary with each or didnt they??
This pregnancy is very much like my ds1 x

hi I had a terrible pregnancy with Ellie there and all turned out good. Well she has a few health problems but we are dealing with them

the porblems that really stick out in my pregnancy were

at 16 weeks I was bleeding really bad and went for a scan, the placenta was haning on by a tiny bit either side and I was told to go home and prepare for the worse, nothing happened!!!

had my 20 week scan and they thought that Ellie had no cerebellum so was referred to a fetal medicine unit where they found the cerebellum but she was very very small and still measuring around 16 weeks so we were told that it could be Edwards or pataus syndrome and were advised to have an amnio and think about terminting the pregnancy, which would never have been one of our choices, we had the amnio though and the chromosome check came back negative so then it was down to monotorting by this time I was 24 weeks and was given steriod inections. Had a scan on mon and weds and ctg monoring mon wed and fri til I got to week 33 and they scaned me on the 5th Nov and said the blood flow was stopping and would del Ellie the next day by section and she would be a little under 3lbs and very poorly. Ellie arrived at 12.38pm on the 6th Nov weighing 4lbs 3oz

she was in special care and on day 3 she stopped breathing for 10 mins and just before they were about to give up she started to breath again, then she spent 1 week in intensive care 2 weeks in high dependancy and another 3 in special care and then came home just before xmas

wish you well for your pregnancy xx

Thank you for your reply
My mother does work full time and so does my dad
But like you say i would have to cope.Its a case of we have to :)
How did your pregnancy vary with each or didnt they??
This pregnancy is very much like my ds1 x

I tried to organise visiting around childcare etc, I had bleeding from day 1 with all of them so I knew after my 1st the other's were going to be early. Mine was down to placenta abruptions, I didn't find out until after I had my ds It's a problem with my blood which was causing them.xx

Thank you both for your replies..Im going to just take things easy :)
xx

Thank you both for your replies..Im going to just take things easy :)
xx

thats what I done and just got it in my head what will be will be it was all I could do just remember everyday is another day closer to your due date xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->