I'm such a weak person

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I know I'm doing just fine with my baby and we are happy until mil is here trying to tell me what to do with him, what is right or better (she thinks)
she thinks she knows better because she experienced the motherhood before me.
everything she tells me what to do, every day.
i said 2 weeks ago that if she mention the word "dummy" again i would take my baby home to my mom and she shut up for 2 weeks then today she said it again

i'm feeling really bad and feel like i;m so weak i can't stand up and tell her off
I'm trying to keep my mouth shut for my OH to be happy

i dont really no wat to say hun...could you not make sarcastic comments bak whilst your oh isnt there to let her no that ur not going to put up with it much longer...have you and oh thought about maybe getting your own place? xxx

i dont really no wat to say hun...could you not make sarcastic comments bak whilst your oh isnt there to let her no that ur not going to put up with it much longer...have you and oh thought about maybe getting your own place? xxx

we have our own place and she just comes for a visit 3-4 times a year and stay a month each time
she won't stay anywhere else

a month! good gosh i feel for u hun....thats an awfully long time .....thats like a third of the year living with you. is she here for much longer?

bloody hell-she stops a MONTH?! that'd drive me up the wall!

not sure what to advise, but you're doing a good job-ignore her the best you can.

Just ignore her hun. Mabey have a word with your OH about how she is making you feel??
xx

Id put your foot down - surely you OH would understand?! I dont let my MIL stay longer than a few hours for the same reason - she comments on everything so once she has had a cup of tea and seen her grandson I say things like " Right got to get Leo's bath done its way past his bedtime!" I think you should talk to your OH ASAP and tell him what you have told us.

You don't have to tell her off. Maybe try taking her aside, mentioning that you appreciate her advice etc but that you would really like to raise your child the way you want to and learn from you own mistakes. If that doesn't work, then you need to get your OH involved and he should tell her off.

A month!?! I'd die if my MIL was here for that long :hugs:

Wow, you're brave to out her up for a month! :hugs:

I's first talk with DH and tell him that she needs to let you raise your son the way you want to and that she is making you insecure and then confront her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->