I'm thankful for...

Huggles

Proud mommy :)
Reaction score
I'm finding that I have festering bitterness coming through lately, making me more angry and irritable than usual.

So in an attempt to bring back more calm and positivity I've decided to try and focus on things I'm thankful for.

My aim is to list 5 things each day, but if it's only 3 (or more than 5), then that's fine too.
And maybe it's one thing now add another later today. Anything goes, but it must be positive.

Feel free to add your own.

I'm thankful for:

• the fact I get to work from home three times a week.
  • My family is healthy.
  • My kids both had a good day at school.
  • I remembered to put the second load of laundry in as soon as we got home.
  • My 4 year old is incredibly cute.

Reactions: NDH
That’s a lovely idea!

I am thankful that I have two great job offers.
I am grateful that the one I am accepting is close by, starts at 10 and ends at 6 so I will have some time with my boys still.
I am thankful that I have a two gorgeous boys.
I am thankful that I have a nice house.
And lastly I am thankful that coffee always sees me through the day :haha:

Love this!

I am thankful for two wonderful kids
I am thankful for a great husband who is so supportive
I am thankful for a job that keeps me fit and pays well
I am thankful for AA and sobriety
I am thankful for a great therapist.

<3

Aw this is great and I need it too!!

I am grateful I found and married my soul mate.
I am grateful for 5 healthy kids and the miracle on its way.
I am grateful for regular kid messes. For signs of life.
I am grateful for our back yard.
I am grateful for our cozy house.
I am grateful homeschool is legal here.

One of my best friends has a child with severe medical needs. He is 8.5 years old and can’t speak, eat (has a feeding tube), defecate (has an ostemy bag/gets enemas), sit up, or even hold his head up for long. He’s on 12ish medications round the clock (she wakes 2x/night to administer meds) and has worsening seizures and Down syndrome. I know she’d give anything for him to leave toys on the floor or granola in her bed. That’s why I am so grateful for my kids’
typical (albeit numerous!) messes today.

I'm thankful for the fact my monthly electricity bill has come down so much (not sure if it's as a result of the continual rolling blackouts or if it has something to do with the update to the electricity meter in Dec, but I can now easily get 10 days of electricity for the same price I was paying to just barely eek out 7 days of electricity. That's a big saving over the course of a month.

I'm thankful for the fact I got to work from home full time for 2 years, and part time for a year (and currently also part time).
I never in a million years thought working from home would be a reality for me. As an admin person I thought I had to be in the office all the time. But as a result of covid I was able to work from home full time for 2 full years, which allowed me a lot of very valuable time with my youngest at his most crucial years (1-2 years old). And even since then, office time has been limited.
I get very bitter about the fact I have to come back to the office at all, and even more so when I get very little work done whilst here, and it costs me a lot of money in petrol etc. But I need to remember that until 2020 it was the norm to be in the office 5 days a week, and the way I'm working now has always been a dream I never thought possible.

I'm thankful that I have 2 really wonderful, caring, loving, amazing parents.

I'm thankful for my husband who puts up with all sorts of nonsense from me, loves me regardless, and loves our kids dearly.

I'm thankful for the weather being such that I could hang my second load of washing up at 5pm and bring it in 2 hours later, 90% dry.

And I'm thankful for my colleague who brought cupcakes to the office today (for her birthday), which resulted in me having cupcakes and coffee for breakfast! :D

I'm thankful for coffee :coffee:

Thankful Logan's friend came over to play (dylan's been missing him like crazy), and thankful that all three of them have gone back to the friend's house leaving me with some much-needed time to myself.

Today I am thankful for:

. A day off work after 5 days in
. A lovely chat with my sponser
. The kids being happy and healthy
. Husband finishing nights today
. Lovely mild weather for a walk with Rosie

I'm happy it's Friday.
I'm thankful we have food to eat.
I'm happy the kids had a good swim together.

I am ALWAYS thankful for coffee lol

I am thankful for the little lie-in I got this morning.
I am thankful for the affection I get from my kitty (and am only slightly put out by his insistance to nap on my lap as soon as I sit down)
I am thankful I that Sebby's eczema around his eyes seems to finally be getting a lil better with the new treatment.
I am thankful for my mac and the internet.

I'm thankful for a neighbourhood watch that is extremely active in our area, and proactively trying to improve the safety in the area.

I'm thankful that we were able to help our community and neighbourhood watch this morning with their current initiative.

I'm thankful for being able to shower to remove all the dirt and sweat after a hard morning's work. :shower:

I'm grateful for my bed :sleep:

I am thankful my daughter is feeling better
I am thankful for a lovely morning with friends
I am grateful my puppy walked really well off leash
I am grateful I've had a lovely day off work today
I'm grateful for a gorgeous casserole for dinner

Last edited:
I'm thankful for the opportunity to occasionally have super lazy days.

I am grateful for my lovely mum.
I am grateful that I have a family.
I am grateful for all the cuddles I got today.

I'm thankful we have a pool so we could swim today to cool off.
I'm glad I finally cut the boys' hair.
I'm glad I finally washed the bulk.of the dishes.
I'm thankful my mom is so willing to help out with lifts this week.
I'm thankful for my wonderful husband.

I’m thankful that I’m healthy
I’m glad I was able to nap today
I’m thankful my daughter’s happy and healthy
I’m thankful it’s starting to warm up where I’m living to take my little outside more

I'm thankful for a husband who cares about me (and makes sure I have everything I need), while I'm so busy running around checking everyone else has what they need that I sometimes forget about my own needs.

I'm thankful for my husband insisting on upgrading his cellphone contract in such a way that we could both get new cell phone (a double deal) so that I could get a new cellphone after giving my upgrade to our son for xmas.

I'm thankful my kids are healthy.

I'm thankful for my wonderful mother and all the help she's been this week.

I'm super happy that tomorrow is Friday and I can work from home that day.

I am once again thankful that I have these two boys who fill my heart with love.

I am so so thankful that my family and I are safe and there are no earthquakes to speak of here in London.

I'm super thankful that I just won an awesome cake from my husbands favourite bakery for him for valentines day!

I'm thankful that I can have a nice cool shower to get some respite from the crazy heat of today (and most of the week).

I'm thankful today has been nice and calm and relaxed.

I'm thankful my eldest was able to finish his story prep for school this morning.

And I'm just happy it's weekend!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->