i'm tired...

M

maddiwatts19

Riley's only 1 week 5 days old, but i'm already sleep deprived. and its not because Ri's keeping me up all night crying, but because i am so scared that he's gunna stop breathing in the night that i check on him like every hour and sometimes i just sit there watching him...it took a lot to get here and i'm just so petrified of something happening!!! i feel like such a freak! :cry: i love being a mummy, and he is the most perfect little boy ever, but i just cant stop worrying. i want to be normal and to have some sleep!!!! :cry::cry:

:hug: Don't know what to say really, hopefully you'll get more comfortable soon and get some sleep. Do you have one of those breathing monitors? We never had one but there are others on here who swear by them.

I know its hard... but try not to worry... Unless there is a problem, babies dont just stop breathing for no reason. As long as he is healthy and safe then he will be fine. Take care of yourself and get some rest... It will get easier as he gets older.

:hug: Don't know what to say really, hopefully you'll get more comfortable soon and get some sleep. Do you have one of those breathing monitors? We never had one but there are others on here who swear by them.

thanks hun. yea i do, but i still panic! god he's gunna hate me when he's older and he goes on his first date and i'm there with them!! :rofl: x

lol... are you going to be the mom who sits a few rows back in the movie theater??? hehe... I think I will, I dont want Jasmine to date...

I suggest the Angelcare monitor, worth every penny, i also like them because they have a thermometer on them too. I got on free with my crib second hand and it really gives peace of mind. That one stopped working, and until i just bought a new one today i have had to sleep with him in my bed because i'm paranoid about him stopping breathing too.

My sister had a baby who would stop breathing at night, sometimes the thing would go off 6 times a night, usually just the sound of the alarm going off will shock them into breathing again.

:blush: I have to confess I never had the sleeping problem, I actually sleep with ear plugs in (Stan snores horribly) :blush: :blush:

I did that with Aiden. I would stay up all night just to make sure he was breathing and then be so exhausted in the morning. As he started getting older, I started worrying less and less. I don't need to check on him every 10 minutes and he's fine. So it should get better. Good luck.

I was like this for the first month! Then eventually I got soooo tired I just started sleeping really heavily! It's only natural to be panicky hun but it'll settle down when you realise the little man in safe and happy fast asleep. Is he right next to your bed?

aww sweetie sounds perfectly normal :hugs: i remember doing this a lot with maddi, me and james would take turns :blush: i would suggest using the monitor and trying to get some sleep, even if someone in the day could watch riley while you have nap maybe? hope you feel better soon :hugs: x

It is quite normal to worry hun. I still get up now and again to check on Oliver. I think it's because he is such a heavy breather, that if he goes quiet, I assume that he's stoppd breathing. Try the Angel sounds, like the other girls suggested. Sounds like it would be perfect for you!

:hug: i went through that stage to. trust me it does get better xx

I waa like that, but decided that, statistically something was more likely to go wrong if I was so tired I couldnt look after her properly during the day and made myself sleep- I quickly slept soundly all night!!

lol... are you going to be the mom who sits a few rows back in the movie theater??? hehe... I think I will, I dont want Jasmine to date...

oh god yes. i'll be everywhere he goes!!! yay! we can be stalker mums together :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->