I'm way past the time frame of the dreadful Two Week Wait, but still waiting. HELP!

Aquafina4889

Reaction score
So I'm 19, and got married to the love of my life last month. I have always had baby fever, even before I was old enough to be able to have babies, lol. But my DH and I have gotten back into church, and I finally realized that when God want me to be a mom, I will be. So I stopped thinking about it so much.

And in the excitement of the wedding and our growing faith, and promising future I realized AF had not come to visit. I am now 17 days late, a little over 6 weeks since the beginning of my last m/c. And a little over 4 weeks post ovulation.

As a newlywed couple, we are obviously intimate, and we rely completely on the pullout method. Which I know is risky.

I have made a mental note that if I think about the symptoms too much they will start to appear in my head. But about a week ago I noticed some sensitivity to my nipples and my boobs feel heavy, although I never get sore boobs with AF. I also have been experienced frequent bowel movements, which is completely the opposite of how my body usually is, and my cervix never dropped after ovulation, and to this day is still resting high and firm. I'm also going to throw in that I had a killer headache and felt nauseous last night. I've also been craving pickles and pickle juice, and I'm not a huge pickle fan.

But all the tests have been negative. Now I will admit I'm buying the cheapo Walmart 88c tests and not using my first morning urine, so that could be my problem, but it seems like 17 days late I should have bough hormones to see a positive. Does it sound like I could be pregnant? Oh and I had a dream I was pregnant and thought I was about a month or so along and that night I went into labor, being full term.

Are you sure you ovulated when you think you did? There are several things that can delay ovulation so it's possible your ovulation is off. Also, did you mean it's been six weeks since a miscarriage? That can also throw off your cycle. Are you normally regular? If you are and are concerned I would go to the doctor to get some answers. Gl and baby dust!!

Not miscarriage! Menstrual cycle. And no, I'm not positive when I ovulated, but I'm never more than a couple days late, so completely missing my period is really weird. I keep really good track of periods.

Hi Megan;

Yes, you could be pregnant and the hormone hasn't built up in your system yet. Perhaps you ovulated later than you thought? Or it simply could be the stress/excitement of the wedding has caused your period to be late.

Is there any way you can have a blood test done? 17 days is very late especially if this is not normal for you.

I'm between insurance right now, so a blood test is out of the question for now, unless I don't get an answer in a week or so.

My only concern is I really haven't been stressed lately, my wedding was small and completely planned out by members of my congregation. So I don't think stress could make me late, are there other reasonable causes for a late/missed period?

Illness, too much exercise, hormonal imbalances, cysts. It could be any of those things.

I understand about the no insurance thing...I'm in the same boat and it stinks.

Well it seems I will just have to wait it out. But I just feel it. Everytime I have a dream I'm pregnant, it turns out somebody is pregnant, so maybe it's me this time. Lol, I just have a feeling.

Have you gone for bloods? I'm due for my second AF in less than a week. CD 50, BFNs. Everyone is different so I'm sticking by until AF shows or an ultrasound or blood says something is wrong with me then I'm not giving up hope! I have given up testing every day though

Congrats on your marriage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->