Immediate PMS symptoms after ovulation - can I still get BFP?

Await2015

Reaction score
Hi,

Quite a few months, I get PMS symptoms almost day or two after ovulation. Mainly nauseous or some twinges, hunger, bloating etc

As I am trying to conceive I am wondering if it is possible to get PMS symptoms day or two after ovulation but go on later in month to successfully implant & become pregnant?

Or Am I out immediately after ovulation once I get PMS symptoms?

I wonder the same..... My pms starts about 7dpo and I wonder therefore if I can still get preg?! Something must be happening inside to cause the pms symptoms and would that therefore prevent conception?

Progesterone is produced after ovulation and continues to rise through the 2ww this is what causes all the symptoms in the 2ww and if you've conceived once implantation occurs HCG is produced and progesterone level increases again to sustain the pregnancy .If your not pregnant progesterone level drops and AF arrives.

Yes that's true, so I guess for normal pms symptoms you could still have the same symptoms before a bfp then Await.

I think my symptoms are due to low progesterone tho.... I have bad lower back pain and a short luteal phase, which is why I wonder if by the time back ache and spotting comes its all too late and if egg has been fertilitsed it can't implant.

Yes that's true, so I guess for normal pms symptoms you could still have the same symptoms before a bfp then Await.

I think my symptoms are due to low progesterone tho.... I have bad lower back pain and a short luteal phase, which is why I wonder if by the time back ache and spotting comes its all too late and if egg has been fertilitsed it can't implant.

If your progesterone is low then your uterine lining may start to break down before the fertilized egg can implant. its best to try to lengthen your LP , you can try using progesterone from ovulation till 14dpo.

Thanks Lisa. The drs here don't recognise luteal phase defect or anything like that. I'm trying a natural progesterone cream this month so we will see if that makes any difference xx

Thanks Lisa. The drs here don't recognise luteal phase defect or anything like that. I'm trying a natural progesterone cream this month so we will see if that makes any difference xx

Thats too bad about the doctors , I hope the progesterone cream helps.

I understand how you feel. I have the same symptoms and my luteal phase ranges from 11-12 days (I think). Please post later how the cream works at lengthening your luteal phase. I've also heard that vitamin B12 works, but haven't found any hard facts that support this.

Hi nmp, how long have you been ttc? I've got my usual awful back ache today so I think the cream *might* have delayed things by 1 day, although I don't temp so can't be sure. But I'm pretty sure af is on the way. I've already tried b12 (I took a b100 supplement) and it did nothing.

This is my third month TTC, my first month using OPKs, before we started TTC we had two months of NTNP but I don't think we dtd at the correct times.

I've never been pregnant, but this will be his second child, though the first was 11 years ago.

Progesterone is produced after ovulation and continues to rise through the 2ww this is what causes all the symptoms in the 2ww and if you've conceived once implantation occurs HCG is produced and progesterone level increases again to sustain the pregnancy .If your not pregnant progesterone level drops and AF arrives.

so I guess I'm out pms came and left but still no af, yet, according to ⬆⬆⬆

This is my third month TTC, my first month using OPKs, before we started TTC we had two months of NTNP but I don't think we dtd at the correct times.

I've never been pregnant, but this will be his second child, though the first was 11 years ago.

Good luck, hopefully it won't take you long!

Well my luteal phase was very slightly longer, by a day. But I usually start getting a horrible back pain from 9 dpo and that was the same so even though af was a day later, I still knew she was coming if that makes any sense?! It didn't help at all with the intensity of symptoms or anything.

I just wanted to update that I got my :bfp: on January 22!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->