Immunisations :(

ashnbump

Mum to Kara & Pregnant!
Reaction score
kara has her first set of jabs tomorrow, and im dreading it!

How did your babies react to their jabs, and were they really grumpy afterwards? I dont want my poor baby to feel pain :( but i know its important!

one plus though, im going to take her swimming next week!xx

Honestly, they don't remember it and it's probably harder for us mum's, I found the first one the hardest but it got easier!! Ellis had his final lot yesterday, 3 compared th 2 in the first 2 lots but they are over in a second. He was grizzly last night with a slight temp and decided to bring back his evening feed all over my OH but he is back to his normal self this morning. This is normal and calpol was on hand. I found taking a dummy helped to comfort them after as well as lots and lots of cuddles. Is there anyone who can go with you for a bit of support?

Alex was fine really , he got a bit hot and was a bit grumpy and didnt take as much of his bottles but no where near as bad as i thought it would be xx

my gp surgery give you a perscription for calpol incase you need it.

I would really try hard to be and act relaxed yourself...makes all the difference.
Ruby cried for literally 10 seconds after each jab and showed no side effects :)

Soph cried for around 5 mins then fell asleep and after she woke up she was just back to her usual self. No calpol or anything needed (i did get calpol for her incase though!) xx

Roman was brilliant with his first jabs. I bought calpol but never needed to use it. He has his second lot at the end of this month. They where supposed to be on the 10th but i got a letter saying they had put it back. Shame because i wanted to take him swimming on the 18th. Ive been told to wait until he's had the 2nd lot of jabs.

Theo had a bottle when he got home and went straight to sleep. Didn't need any calpol although I bought it just in case.
I was worse than he was tbh xx

mine had on monday and screamed the room down, he got cuddles and boob just after and it heped, but that night fever flared and he had loads of pain - i was in tears :( it was a horrid night.
they say ( by they i mean google) the reactions wont last longer than 48 hrs.
this morning my baby is his usual happy self, we used paracetomol supositories x

She cried for a minute then was over it like it never happened. Once you get past the first one, it gets easier. You just have to comfort them afterwards.

Byron screamed and was quickly over it. On one or two of the jabs he was grumpy and another he was more sleepy. He was fine by the next day on all the jabs.

Honestly, they don't remember it and it's probably harder for us mum's, I found the first one the hardest but it got easier!! Ellis had his final lot yesterday, 3 compared th 2 in the first 2 lots but they are over in a second. He was grizzly last night with a slight temp and decided to bring back his evening feed all over my OH but he is back to his normal self this morning. This is normal and calpol was on hand. I found taking a dummy helped to comfort them after as well as lots and lots of cuddles. Is there anyone who can go with you for a bit of support?

:dohh:I spoke too soon!! Ellis has been a right grump all afternoon:cry:

Roman was brilliant with his first jabs. I bought calpol but never needed to use it. He has his second lot at the end of this month. They where supposed to be on the 10th but i got a letter saying they had put it back. Shame because i wanted to take him swimming on the 18th. Ive been told to wait until he's had the 2nd lot of jabs.

:shrug:I find this whole wait until jabs before swimming weird as they don't really cover anything they "could" catch and how it differs area to area. I would have happily taken Ellis before his jabs if it had not been for my C Sec scar not healing, my HV is fine with that.

Connor cried for about 5 mins after them and then fell asleep but when he woke up he was quite grumpy and had a temperture so gave him some calpol that they gave us and he was fine after that

You can take babies swimming at any stage, before, during or after their first set of jabs.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1035.aspx?CategoryID=62&SubCategoryID=63

We took Lexi before her first jabs and she loved it. Think we have a water baby on our hands! :shipw:

As for the jabs, she was a little extra snuggly for the rest of the day but other than that she was fine. It upset me more than her when she cried but a cuddle with mummy made her feel better. I've heard you should let them suck their dummy while they get the injection, will try it at her next lot.

She cried for about 5 seconds and I cried for about 5 minutes. Bit unsettled the next day but that maynot have been the immunisations?!

Dex had his final three today and he has been very grumpy. Not much sleep yet though. After the first set he slept for about 12 hours straight but cried on and off all day through exhaustion. It didn't help that I went to a friends house after the jabs.

dex had his last jabs yesterday, even today he has been really hard to settle and keeps waking from naps crying. i'm also finding he doesn't want to be put down, when he is usually the opposite. did anyone else experience this the day after jabs?

Seren cried for literally 2-3mins, which was probably the initial shock of the needle, be prepared for it though, Seren literally screamed at the top of her lungs and went practically beetroot colour! She was fine almost straight away though and was smiling again within 10mins. She was really sleepy though and a bit off her food for the day.
It's worse for us than for them! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"