Imogen is here :) birth story

marmite

Mother of 1
Reaction score
My little girl is here, born by emergency c-section Thursday 8.15pm after a bit of an odd labour

I went into what im pretty sure was labour on the Wednesday evening, unfortunately I managed to get a bit of sleep through it, and the contractions slowed dramatically.

On the Thursday morning my partner phoned up for peace of mind to see when I should come in next time, thinking perhaps I should have gone in the night before last, and to get some clarification, they asked for me to come in to be monitored as I was after a VBAC. Which frustrated me, I was having very mild contractions, but I wasn't ready to go in yet, as I felt silly, they where nothing on the pains of the night before, and they where far apart/irregular.

Either way, I was having mild contractions and was 2cm at 12.15pm, and was admitted to antenatal suite and given some lunch, I talked fairly calmly to the midwife who told me she was going on her lunch break and I anticipated the really long wait like I had with my daughter..... apparently not. All of a sudden things sped up big time, they got really painful really quickly, Mum suggested I went to have a shower while I still could, and I could hardly stand, when I came back I spent most of my time lent against the window ledge as things progressed. Fast forward to 3.15pm, three hours later, I was raving about how I couldn't keep going without pain relief, I thought I was being a real wuss, but kept saying I really needed some pain relief, and I wanted to know how far along I was, the midwife had only recently come back from her break and looked suprised, she said I wasn't even due to be checked until 4 something. But I think she thought it wise to check, and a good job she did, I was 9 centimetres! And then my waters broke, so I was wheeled very quickly to delivery suite :haha:

Straight onto the gas and air, my mum and OH where laughing about how much happier I looked, and the midwife said it wouldn't be long, but that I needed too get rid of a 'lip' on my cervix, then I could start pushing, but it took forever to go, and I was getting urges to push before it had gone, so she tried to get me too push her past the lip, it wasn't happening, and Baby Imogen was in a bad position too.

So epidural was suggested, so I could at least stop pushing, and hopefully it would give me time to fully dilate, I did in the end, but her head was in a really bad position, I was wheeled off for an attempt at assisted delivery, and if not, an emergency c-section, well assisted wasn't going to happen apparently, so they started on the c-section. I felt a tiny bit of pressure on my legs after a short while, which I think was her, and told OH so, we where really worried, she didn't cry at all that we heard, so we waited for her to be brought over and it felt like forever.

I'm a little dissapointed I didn't get my VBAC but amazed and proud of myself that I got to 9cm without any pain relief, and little Immy is amazing :flower:

Aw congrats and yes well done on getting that far without pain relief!!

Love the name x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->