• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

impact of late ovulation?

Sienna2012

Mummy to three
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am on CD23 of my cycle and still no ovulation? For the last 3 days i have had ewcm so I think I will ovulate today ( predicted by tcoyf software too). I ususally ovulate anywhere between cd18-cd21 so kind of on the late side. Can this impact on TTC? Has anyone else experienced this?

I also spotted bright red on cd17? Not sure why but a little worried :shrug:

late ovulation just means you need to got for lots of :sex: at the right time!! ie a bit later in the cycle

in over all terms, if yo have longer cycles, it means you'll have less number of ovulation 'chances' in 12 months,
:dust:

xxx

Thanx MrsRh but I'm wondering if it can also affect egg quality and therefore chances of TTC?

Hi Sienna

I think it all depends on how long your cycle is - because if you have a short Luteal Phase (the time between ovulation and the end of your cycle) then it can be more difficult for implantation to take place. I think ideally you should have 12-14 days after ovulation before the end of your cycle.

Also, are you doing OPK tests twice a day? Apparently if you only do them once a day it's possible to not get a positive test because your LH surge might be less than 24 hours - I've read this is particularly true if you only test first thing in the morning as your surge normally happens as the day goes on. I got a BFP in June (sadly miscarried) but on that cycle I didn't ever get a positive O test so have done a lot of reading around this but also know it's possible to O without getting a positive result!!

I think a little bit of spotting mid-cycle is normal for some women so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Lots of EWCM is always a good sign so I think you'll either get a positive test soon or maybe it's happened already!

Good luck xx

Hey love i'm in the same boat. I normally O between 17 and 18, and i'm on cd 22 and still no sign. Have had egcm all week pretty much, spotting in the middle (they say that's a good fertility sign actually) but still no O. I don't think it does affect our eggs or anything like that. Just makes ttc annoying as hell.

I asked my Acupuncturist about this, and she said that the ideal time to ov in day 14 with a 28 day cycle. If ov day is later than this, it can make it harder for the sperm to penetrate it as it's an older egg.

This is only her opinion, not a medical one, and she did stress that she has seen many people get preg with longer cycles.

My friend's Acupuncturist also told her the same thing.

Don't know if the medical profession share the same opinion.

I personally ov quite late, day 19-23 at the moment and have been preg before with a longer cycle.

I have a child who was concieved on CD 35 (I knew I ovulated late I had been sick and then my dh had been in a car accident and everything put together stress caused me to O late) but lo and behold my middle son is a product of it!!!
Good luck!!
Catch that eggie!!!

Well I still haven't ovulated so not quite sure what is going on but thanx for your replies ladies. I'm suffering from a touch of cystitis so maybe that's what is causing the delay? Maybe I'm out for this cycle:cry:

I normally have 27-30 day cycle and ovulate around cd13-15, but once a few cycles ago i had a 50 odd day cycle..i ovulated on cd37 i think it was. I did some chart searching at the time and found a few people had gotten pregnant on longer cycles so its still possible.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->