Impatient newbie on the TWW! need help!

snoozehead

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am new and hope I am in the right section. I am currently on the TWW, and would like to meet others, and I have a few questions that I have googled, but there is so many different opinions I thought it would be less confusing if I asked and got answers specific to my question.

Like everyone I guess, I am extremely impatient when it comes to testing! I have extremely irregular periods so I cannot rely on how many dpo's, but more so how many days after conception. I am currently trying AI with a private sperm donor. I have only had one attempt so far and that was on the 10th of may this month.

Me being silly, I was reading about how early some people got their BFP, so I tested 5 days after insemination (and obviously got a BFN!), I tested today- 11 days after insem, and completely negative-absolutely blank.

My question is, when I test on the 24th (exactly two weeks after insem) and it is negative, will that be accurate? I really want to stop getting my hopes up, but I read that some people havent shown positive until sometimes 4 weeks or more. How many days after conception did you test positive? Please share, I am trying to decide if I should give up and just try again next month and wait the two weeks then-no earlier! :cry: thanks in advance.

hey!

im ttc#1 and my periods are somewhat irregular as well:/ i dont know the answers to any of your questions but Goodluck and i hope you get your BFP!! feel free to message me if u need any support:flower:

Hi Everyone!

I am new and hope I am in the right section. I am currently on the TWW, and would like to meet others, and I have a few questions that I have googled, but there is so many different opinions I thought it would be less confusing if I asked and got answers specific to my question.

Like everyone I guess, I am extremely impatient when it comes to testing! I have extremely irregular periods so I cannot rely on how many dpo's, but more so how many days after conception. I am currently trying AI with a private sperm donor. I have only had one attempt so far and that was on the 10th of may this month.

Me being silly, I was reading about how early some people got their BFP, so I tested 5 days after insemination (and obviously got a BFN!), I tested today- 11 days after insem, and completely negative-absolutely blank.

My question is, when I test on the 24th (exactly two weeks after insem) and it is negative, will that be accurate? I really want to stop getting my hopes up, but I read that some people havent shown positive until sometimes 4 weeks or more. How many days after conception did you test positive? Please share, I am trying to decide if I should give up and just try again next month and wait the two weeks then-no earlier! :cry: thanks in advance.

Hi there! I know you said you are irregular and this might be a stupid question but how do they monitor your cycle and your fertile time frame in order to do the AI? I am no expert by any means and have never really researched AI but I would honestly think it is the same concept as if you were attempting to conceive naturally. So that being said if you had the procedure done today then I would wait roughly 14-16 days and try a test then. I tested positive right at 4 weeks so the day I should have had my period I tested positive both times. I wish you the best of luck and if it dosent take this time around try not to be sad just try try again. Also I dont know how spiritual you are but I always find a small simple prayer works wonders sometimes! GL to you and please keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->