Implanon contraceptive question

TinyBoots

Reaction score
I'm currently on the Implanon, it runs out in February and need to get it either replaced, or try something else.

I'm not due to start trying until Summer 2010, or possibly later than that, so need something fairly fail proof, I'm terrible at remembering to take the pill. So may start having the injection, no sure yet, will need to talk this over with my doctor!

Anyway, my question is... There's no chance of my implant running out before February is there? I know ive left it a little late to ask, but have heard a few horror stories! :dohh:

im not sure about this hun. i had mine out early as it didnt suit me. Just wanted to let you know i have heard a few bad things about the injection, mainly about when you stop having it and periods returning etc etc. You can always have your next implant out early when you decide to ttc.
xx

im not sure about this hun. i had mine out early as it didnt suit me. Just wanted to let you know i have heard a few bad things about the injection, mainly about when you stop having it and periods returning etc etc. You can always have your next implant out early when you decide to ttc.
xx

Oh no. I may give the depo injection a miss then! I'm fine with the implant, not had any problems, but don't fancy having a mass of scars on my inner arm from having it taken out/put back in over and over :nope:

Will speak to the family planning clinic though, see what they suggest

xxxx

I also head that you put on weight on the injection and its hard to shift. You cant even see my scars from when i had my implant in and out but i think that all depends on the doctor. when you have it out they put the next one straight in - im assuming the same hole lol. Good luck x

Ewww... The thought of it is making me feel quesy! It's been 3 years since my last implant... Bleurgh.

Thanks for the info on the injection though, I hate putting weight on!! xx

If you get on with the implant, stick ....depo is rough... nearly as rough as i have found the implanon!!!

It will last until the date given unless you are over 70kg, but the GP should of weighed you beforehand and changed the date if necessary, so I wouldnt worry

If you get on with the implant, stick ....depo is rough... nearly as rough as i have found the implanon!!!

It will last until the date given unless you are over 70kg, but the GP should of weighed you beforehand and changed the date if necessary, so I wouldnt worry

That's good news! The implanon was pretty rough at the beginning, I had an af for weeks until my body settled down... nasty!

The only reason I'm concerned is because I normally have a period every 2 weeks with the implanon, only a light one, and at the moment I've not had one since the end of November. and my boobs are incredibly sore! It's probably just nothing, but I had a panic attack being so close to my removal date! :blush:

What I was thinking was... with implant..soon as its out, your fertile.. its out..you can get back to normal

With depo..one shot messed me up for 18months! - not worth it imo

I dont have any periods on it..but morning sickness and sore boobs constantly, am sure you are still covered hun :) ..could always make an earlier appointment to have it changed over? no harm done, but put your mind at ease

Very true! I will make one for tomorrow. I'm pretty sure it's as safe as houses, but I'd rather be super safe, than just a bit safe!

Thanks for your help though, nice to see another lady on the implant too! Doesn't seem that common to me :( xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->