Implanon! Desperate for help! Please

UnsureMom

Expecting our first!
Reaction score
I got the Implanon May 31st, 6 weeks after giving birth.
I am overweight and fall into the group that it's claimed it could be "less effective" on.
I bled for 3 weeks after getting it, stopped bleeding, and then bled again a month later only REALLY light.
Well the past week or two, I've been having horrific dizzy spells (to the point of blacking out), and horrific nausea. Did anyone else on Implanon have problems with horrible dizzy spells and nausea?

My doctor's office isn't returning my phone calls!

Sounds just like me... 6 weeks after birth i had it in (Dec 08)...
no bleeding till Jan 10.. then i had pregnancy symptoms, headaches, put on over 3 stone...

i got it out april 10... best thing i did was getting it out...
xx

As far as I was told being overweight means that it may stop working earlier and that's the only way it is less effective. I would consider you past the settling in time that it takes and I would definitely get it out if I were having those symptoms. I have it and apart from a little weight gain it has been great for me.If your doctor won't help go to another, it is unreasonable for anyone to expect you to put up with how ill it's making you feel

The implant is weight neutral so you shouldnt gain weight on it. Its the only contraception that is.

I had my implant in June 09 and didnt bleed until January 10 and then it has been on and off. More off than on.

If your having dizzy spells then I think you might need it out. Sometimes it doesnt work as well for one than it does for another.

Tbh honest I kind of just hoping that it was the implanon's fault I gained weight. Was reluctant to blame chocolate:blush::haha:

I had the implanon when i turned 18 had it in for 1year,
when i first went on it i bled alot... then after 6 months the bleeding eased off but my migraines began to increase causing dizzyness and horrid sight issues and i put on weight, eventually after nagging the doctors to sort something out they said i was to have it out so i did, i didnt get a period for 6 months after it got removed xx hope you get it sorted xx

Tbh honest I kind of just hoping that it was the implanon's fault I gained weight. Was reluctant to blame chocolate:blush::haha:

It could be something else other than chocolate. Lets blame the weather :thumbup:

I found the implanon made it impossible to lose weight so I kept all my first preg chub and didn't loose a lb of it till i got it out. Made me very spotty and my skin soo grey so not great. I wouldn't go for it again.
I'm making hubby get a snip hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->