Implant,The Patch and The Mirena.

~KACI~

Reaction score
Hey ladies a few questions, so i currently have the implanon and i'm having it taken out, it isn't working so have been on pill for last 2months which hasn't fixed it, So does it hurt having it taken out?

Second question, anyone have experience of the patch..i.e does it come off easily? I have to have the patch for at least a cycle befor the doc will take my implant out..to make sure i'm protected til i have my mirena put in and for the first seven days of having it in.

So my question about the mirena, does it hurt or just slightly uncomfatable, any problems anyone?

My doc totally confused me at first but i now get what he's got planned, only went in to talk about having implant removed came out with a patch stuck to me and a swab sample later:dohh: Which is needed for the Mirena, worst part about it was a hadn't shaved my legs because i was expecting it :blush::dohh:

Thanks in advance x

it depends. I have talked to alot of people about the Mirena as I was (am) really interested in getting it. I've just been putting it off because I'm scared of the pain.
I know one girl who had it and said she cramped worse than anything else for 2-3 hours afterwards, she said she soaked in the bath for 2 hours and couldn't drive (had to call her Boyfriend to come get her). BUT, she hadn't had any kids.
I know another girl who had it about 6mo after giving birth with her first and she said it did hurt pretty bad. She had it removed, got pregnant within the month (although miscarried) she said that was one of the positives (getting preggie so soon), then after she got pregnant and had her second kid she got it at her 6 week checkup and she said it didn't hurt at all.
I'm thinking since Colton is almost year old already it will hurt pretty bad :cry: But I'm horrid at taking my pill. Like I missed the last two weeks of my last pack, so am starting a new one this Sunday :dohh: I'm bad!

I haven't used implants, just the pills, the patch, and NuvaRing.

The pills made me cry all the time, the patch was loads better but I was still quite down all the time, and the ring was ideal.

The patch you change one a week, I found it never did come off unless I took it off, but it did leave sticky residue around the sides of it which stuck my undies to it. Bit annoying really, but overall it was just so much better (and easier) than the pills I was content enough for quite some time before I looked further.

The ring was wonderful, insert it and leave it there for three weeks, remove for one week and then put in a new one. Simple, easy, effective, and after a day I didn't even feel it anymore. I would use it again when I go back to birth control.

ive got the implant-but begining to have problems with it only 3 months in....im also wondering what else to try? im hoping that my bp will stay down so i can maybe go back on the pill.

i have used the patch but it wouldnt stick!! not sure if i just have oily skin as nicotine patches wouldnt either! xxx

I used the patch before - that thing is hard to get off! I mean, you realllyy have to work at it to get that off! It isn't going to fall off randomly. I stopped using it though because I was in tanning beds and I'd just end up with white patches all over the place.

I have a perscription for Nuvaring but waiting on AF to use it

I don't know about the implanon, never been on it but I have been on the patch for a while and it was great. It really stucks to your skin and leaves a sticky mark on your skin but all in all is really simple to use and has very few side effects from my eyperience.
I went off it and back on the pill when summer came.

I'm now on the Nuvaring also.

I loved the patch. Whack one on once a week and forget about it. lol

They stay pretty secure, only had a couple come off on me, but they do look a bit shabby around the edges by the end of the week.

Thanks for all your advice, went to docs today to get the results of my swabs, all fine so booked to have my implant out on the 2nd march , so will have been on the patch for a cycle so covered by that.

shall have my mirena fitted at the end of the month, the patch has been great so far, change for the first time on thurs and its definatly getting shabby, just got to decide where to put it next, make a pretty pattern i think! lol

Invading your thread - anyone know if you can breastfeed with the patch?

hiya i had a coil fitted about 5/6 months ago, it was slightly uncomfortable to have fitted but nothing horrific, however i only stopped bleeding 2 weeks ago which has been rather annoying it wasnt heavy but it was everyday pretty much. but im glad i saw it out as now everything is fine and i can forgot about contraception for 5 years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->