Implant

Layla

Reaction score
For those who have had it, what is it?

How does it work, how does it get fitted and how does it get taken out,

Any side affect?

x

It's a really tiny tube like thing which gets put under the skin in your arm. I think you're give a local anaesthetic and they make a tiny cut. It's not really noticable once it's in but you can feel it under the skin.

It releases hormones slowly over 3 years and stops you from ovulating. I think it also makes your uterus not suitable for implantation. I think it's excellent because you can then forget about it and don't have to worry about the pill or going back for your injections. If you want to ttc it can be removed. Also unlike the injection if you begin to get side effect you don't want you can just get it taken out.

I think when I had it I was told you can't have it if you are very overweight because its not strong enough to work & also if you've had problems with ovarian cysts as it can cause them.

The side effects are the same as most contraceptives - you can gain weight, become depressed and not feel like sex so much. Also it can cause irregular bleeding. I had no periods while on it and my friend didn't eithe but I know someone who sometimes had a day or 2 of bleeding at random times.

Hope that helps.

i bled for near 8 month straight wen i was 1st on it.. and now im getting periods every 2 weeks which isnt fun!

ah ok, prob counts me out then, i have PCOS and im overweight.

If it stops you from ovulating then do your peroids stop aswell?

thanks

x

i bled for near 8 month straight wen i was 1st on it.. and now im getting periods every 2 weeks which isnt fun!

Blimey!! Are you going to get it removed. That must seriously get in the way of BD'ing!!

scrap my question about periods then lol thanks Yvanne

x

ah ok, prob counts me out then, i have PCOS and im overweight.

If it stops you from ovulating then do your peroids stop aswell?

thanks

x

Like I said for me they stopped completely but for Dippy Yvanne they clearly didn't!

I think the injection can stop your period completely too but again it can also probably make bleeding worse. There's no way of knowing how your body will react.

anita, if u dont mind me askin, what size r u? cos my stepmum has implanon(size 8 ) and she only gets a period once a year lol!!

but im a 12/14 and get 1 regularly

I had it yesterday! https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/hooooray.gif

Proberbly a little to early to know how it will effect me, but having it inserted was a doddle and contrary to popular belief, you can't see it and you can only feel it if your trying to.

We have deicded just to leave it now

x

We have deicded just to leave it now

x

Que cera, cera and all that? lol

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gifhttps://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gif

yeah pretty much, we have agonised over whether to have another, whether to wait a bit, whether to go for it now and cant come up with an answer, so we are just going to chill out and carry on as normal without protection.

We are so knackered at teh end of every day that it doesnt happen much anyway lol

x

yeah pretty much, we have agonised over whether to have another, whether to wait a bit, whether to go for it now and cant come up with an answer, so we are just going to chill out and carry on as normal without protection.

We are so knackered at teh end of every day that it doesnt happen much anyway lol

x

Its a really hard decision Layla....I don't want anymore at this point, but I don't want the option taken away for the future...My OH offered to have a vasectomy but I felt that was too final.....I can see why you've cancelled the op.

hiya i was jus readin the post i had the implant and had 2 have it removed after a month of having it in because i ended up with really bad pains goin down my left arm, (the arm i had the implant in) and they said to me it is one of the rare side affects and till this day i still get pains where it was in my arm, plus it took me quite awhile to concieve with my little boy wen i had it removed, but the plus sign is when you hav it done the doctor told me that you are protected straigh away after havin it. and wen you have had it done after the 3 yrs is up the implant is hard to get out sumtimes as itends up gettin incased with tissue. the doctor that took mine out was sayin to me how easy it was takin mine out because i have only had it in for a month. hope this helps with with your question.

i just had mine removed but i would have a period .. it comes without warning and mine lasted 2 weeks, then sometimes stop for 3 days and return for another week! then off for 5 weeks then back again!
lol seriously weird stuff, but so effective xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->