Implant

xKimx

Mummy :)
Reaction score
Would the doctor take my Implant out for me, For the reasons of having no sex drive and periods? I find my self alot moodier too:( It been in just over a year:shrug:

Anyone thats had one out ? Does it hurt?

I was told if i 'werent happy' after 3 months i can have it removed.
It hurt 10x more than it going in but compared but compared to child birth its nowt.

I was told the same.. I could have it out in 3 months. I just had my first period after 10 months with it in and I had no sex drive before having it so there is no change there.

Hopefully it dont hurt too much. Mine still has another 2 and a bit years and Im already dreading it lol

I got told to give it 6months, think it depends on the doctor?? Just go and speak to them x

I had impant out last april to have a baby ...with me it took about 1 hour to get it out where as it only took literally seconds to put it in...i had 2 women trying to get it out of me i blead abit to as there was so much pressure trying to get it out..altho i liked the implant im going to have it in again now ive had my boy...as it stopped my periods which i liked about it.

Tho everybody is different she said the reason why they prob struggled to get it out was that id put some weight on and the implant had gotten deeper with the bit of extra fat that was on my arms so im presuming if your about the same weight as when you had it put in you shouldnt have a problem :)

i didnt hurt coming out, but it did take ages, and was sore afterwards. not too bad really.

Hey hun.. I had mine out a few weeks ago.
I had it in for a year.. and it was pretty bad: constant bleeding for months, headaches, crippling cramps (something I never got) and no sex drive.

It was also making me constipated to the point I was back and forward to the docs every other week. So I decided to get it out.

Speaking from expierence.. you get a local, which numbs where the implant is. They then make a small cut and take it out. You can 'feel' what they are doing however it is totally pain free aside from the prick from the local jab.

Hopefully this helps x

Yes they can take it out no matter how long youve had it in they "suggest" a time frame to go by but this isn't a must! If you want it out you have it taken out! (if your docs been hissy about it go to the local family planning clinic they have no quibbles taking them out!)
It didnt hurt atall getting it out it just felt bruised for a few days afterwards, i actually felt sorer after having it put in?
HTH xxxx

I have had mine 18 months and im getting it taken out next week 4 a coil.. i hate it... never bled 4 a yr which was nice.. but since then its terrible weight gain i am bigger now then i was 2 weeks over due... Im dreading it getting taken out but if i can give birth with just gas and air and can handle tattoos i can do anything! Lol!
xxx

Hey hon, I got mine taken out a few months ago, cos of the ridiculous almost constant spotting. They gave me a injection to numb my arm, and I didn't feel a thing. It only took a few minutes, then it was done. I could still feel it perfectly under my skin when it was in, so I'd say that made it easier to take it out. It was a little bit tender for a few days afterwards, and bruised, but its nothing to worry about, you'll be fine! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->