Implantation bleeding 8dpo (starting 8 days before expected period)

effiestaffon

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to this board. I posted this same question on another forum too but so far I've gotten 27 views and no responses so I thought I'd ask here. I apologize if this is a little long but I want to give all info. Also, there may be some TMI so this is the warning now

I am 29 years old and have endometriosis. I have very regular periods ever 28 days that last 4 days.

I am in a long distance relationship and see my boyfriend about once a month. We are not TTC but we are not really strict on trying to prevent either. We use the pull out method or start without a condom and he puts one on half way through if he wants to come in me. As I said, we are not actively TTC but if it happened we would both be ok with it.

I use a period tracker app that tracks my period and estimates my ovulation day (I know it could be a day or two either way). My last period started 3/7 and lasted the normal 4 days. With my endometriosis my periods are VERY painful.

My estimated ovulation day was 3/21. I was with my boyfriend 3/15-3/21 (my fertile days and the day of ovulation). We had sex at least once every day during that time.

Now to my reason for asking these questions. On 3/24 and 3/25 (3 & 4dpo) I got sick around 10 each morning. My boyfriend joked that I should "pee on a stick" and I explained that even if I was preggers my body wouldn't know and I wouldn't be getting sick, I chalked it up to my pain meds, even though they don't usually make me sick. The question of being pregnant was not in my mind at all. Later that day I found myself over sensitive to things he said and on the verge of tears about things that normally wouldn't bother me.

Estimated 6dpo (3/27, this was listed as 8 days before my next expected period) I started getting light pink spotting before bed, around 10-11 PM, but only when I wiped. It was very light pink and did not show up on my underware. My face and chest was super hot and visibly flushed. This lasted for about a half hour.

The next day, 7dpo, (7 days before period) I had light spotting only when I wiped, none on underwear, and this was morning until noon and it stopped and I didn't see anymore all day. I also had hot flashes and once again my face and chest were visibly flushed. It went away after about 30 min. I went shopping with my mom that night and when I got home and went to the bathroom I felt really wet. When I wiped it was light pink and water and there was a bit of water pink discharge/mucus? There were also 3 red dots, each dot was no bigger than a pin head. When I wiped later there was almost no pink.

Today is 8dpo, 6 days before expected period. I've been a little nervous about the light pink spotting being implantation bleeding so I took a test with First Response and of course BFN. I know it's super early and expected that. The first 2 times I went to the bathroom this morning there was no spotting. The 3rd time it was pink again and had a small about of water pink mucus. I have a pantie liner on but haven't seen anything.

Over these last few days I keep thinking I'm feeling the start of cramps and they turn to nothing. Like I said my period cramps usually hurt. I keep expecting to start my period but it would still be almost a week early.

My breast are tender but not super painful. They are for sure sore if I push on them.

Also the last 3 days or so I've had a hard time controlling my temper. I'm usually easy going but things have been setting me off pretty easy and I will suddenly snap out of nowhere and then feel horrible because I feel like I over reacted.

New thing that just started today is some food taste a little off. My yogurt, that I have every day, tasted a little strange and left a weird taste in my mouth. I'm sure at this point my imagination is running away with me.

I wasn't searching for symptoms before, until the spotting start really light pink and a day over a week before my period is due.

Does this sound like implantation and pregnancy signs? I'm not looking to be reassured that they are, I want honest opinions or experiences. I know some sites say you can start testing 3-4 days after implant bleeding, but is that from when it starts or when it ends? I know 8dpo is early for testing, so how long should I wait before testing again?

Thank you for your help!!!

Lots of people looking but no responses. Oh well.

I just wanted to updated that I've had no more spotting. Breast feel more tender, nipples are sensitive/slight pain when brushed. This morning I had cramping and lower back aching. Almost felt like the start of AF cramping but much more mild.

Today I'm 9dpo, according to my tracker, and 5 days out from expected period. I'm going to test tomorrow morning. Still might be too early but if what I had was implantation tomorrow will be 4 days since the start of that, so I'm going to try.

Hi, effiestaffon!
I had implantation bleeding 7-8 days before my period. I didn't know what it was because I wasn't trying to pregnant, thought it was AF coming early but had a weird feeling when it stopped after two days and nipples were still sore. I tested just for the heck of it 3 or 4 days later and got a strong positive. I'd suggest testing again in the next day or two :)

Thanks for the reply. I'm going a little crazy. I broke down and POAS yesterday when I got home even though I doubted it would show even if I was positive. I got a BFN.

Last night I had a tiny big of water and light pink when I wiped again. Smaller amount than the other times. Cramps and back pain are gone, I think.

I'm going to try and hold off testing until tomorrow, which will be 11dpo and 2 days before expected AF. After that my bf and I will be at a wedding so I won't be able to test again until the expected day of AF.

I had implantation bleeding during both of my pregnancies once on the day my period was due and the other something like 5 days before. I do know that you likely won't get a positive until 2-3 days after the bleeding. Last time it happened, I KNEW I was pregnant and got negatives until 3-4 days after the spotting (which lasted 2 days) stopped. Your potential pregnancy symptoms do sound a lot like the ones I had.

Well, I'm getting confused. Had a little bit more spotting today (still 4 days out from period). It was only when I wiped and it was very light pink and also (TMI) kind of dischargish (if that makes sense). Nothing since then.

I would wait a few days (I know waiting is difficult if not nearly impossible) and test again with an early test. Most of them won't work before "five days before your missed period" which means actually 4 days before you expect it. And like I said, it took a few days after my implantation bleeding had actually stopped for me to get a positive. It sounds a lot like my pregnancies to me, but testing too early is just too stressful and way too expensive!

This is just an update. I'm really confused by my body. I sent an e-mail to my doc today to ask for her advice. I wrote this on another site and am copying and pasting it.

Still not sure what's up. My boy friend is up visiting. We had sex 3 days ago and it caused me to bleed for a day and a half, much lighter than my normal period and 3 days early. I don't know if that was my period or not. Today is the day I'm officially due. It's 14 dpo a I may do a test tomorrow morning when he is gone since I'm really confused about what is going on with my body.

So do you think I'm out. The bleeding I had only lasted 1.5 days and stopped 2 days before my period was due. I was due for my period yesterday and nothing yet. I couldn't help it so I tested and BFN.

I'm now not sure if I had an early and extremely light period (extremely!) or if that was just due to sex and I'm actually late on my period. I'm around 14 dpo according to my app tracker, but like you said, the app just guesstimate when I ovulated.

This is just an update. I'm really confused by my body. I sent an e-mail to my doc today to ask for her advice. I wrote this on another site and am copying and pasting it.

Still not sure what's up. My boy friend is up visiting. We had sex 3 days ago and it caused me to bleed for a day and a half, much lighter than my normal period and 3 days early. I don't know if that was my period or not. Today is the day I'm officially due. It's 14 dpo a I may do a test tomorrow morning when he is gone since I'm really confused about what is going on with my body.

So do you think I'm out. The bleeding I had only lasted 1.5 days and stopped 2 days before my period was due. I was due for my period yesterday and nothing yet. I couldn't help it so I tested and BFN.

I'm now not sure if I had an early and extremely light period (extremely!) or if that was just due to sex and I'm actually late on my period. I'm around 14 dpo according to my app tracker, but like you said, the app just guesstimate when I ovulated.

so what happened? did you figure it out?

Well, my doc and I are both confused. Pregnancy test ended up neg and she wants to monitor my period and such for the next couple months.

I'm super confused by all the symptoms and things like the super sore breast and stuff that I've never had before and how quickly they just went away.

As far as the bleeding during sex, I think we got that figured out, I went back to a lube made especially for women and I think that is helping.

So......I guess I'm still a little in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->