Implantation Bleeding v. Light Post-Partum Period

MissKitty4321

Reaction score
Hi ladies. My daughter is 1 year old. I stopped nursing several months ago but still haven't had a period yet. I've been taking the mini pill throughout nursing and a few months after and just switched to Yasmin 1 month ago. Thursday, 1/23 I was into my white 'placebo' pills and noticed menstrual cramps. For 3 days I had spotting of brown discharge. Today, nothing. I was thinking this was just a slow start to my period returning, but everything I've read says that the first post-partum period is very heavy and bright red. Then I looked back at the calendar and realized we DTD on 1/14 and started thinking this could be implantion bleeding. It's unusual to get pregnant on birth control pills but this was my first month on Yasmin and we didn't use a back-up method during the switch so I suppose it's possible. Anyway, I would feel ok if it's my period (at least it means I'm fertile again!), but I would be THRILLED if this is a surprise pregnancy but I don't even know when I could test. Any advice? Can 1st post-partum periods be light and brown like this or does it sound like implantation?

107 views and not 1 reply? Maybe I posted in the wrong thread. I just know that women doing the "2 week wait" are very familiar implantation bleeding, which is why I asked this group. We were going to wait until our LO turned 2 to try for #2, but the more I think about it, the more I hope I AM pregnant now, and now I know I'm going to be disappointed if it's just AF. Since I didn't hear back on this board, I started searching and found that HPTs will be accurate 1 week after implantation bleeding, which means I shouldn't test until Saturday morning. I guess I'll post back the results, just so future google searches will help someone else.

I realize I'm still talking to myself here, but just wanted to help those who may be searching for women in similar situations. I do not know if/when I ovulated (because my LMP was April 2012 - thanks EBF!), but since only 1 'time' resulted in brown spotting and other symptoms, I will assume that either a) this is all in my head, or b) I ovulated the day we DTD. That would put me 14dpo. I had cramping at 9dpo and brown spotting 10-12dpo. From 12dpo - present (14dpo), I'm having come-and-go nausea and lower back pain. I've also lost a few lbs without trying in the past week. (The same thing happened with DD#1). I'm tempted to test right now but I know morning is better and I don't want to play "what if it's wrong?" and buy more and more HPTs like I did when we were TTC#1. If I just wait another couple days, I will 100% trust the results.

Well I realize my situation is nothing like yours but I didn't want to read and run. I hope you get whatever results you want whether it is pregnancy or not. I am currently TTC#1 and know I ovulated and bd'd on the days before o, day of o and days after. I was supposed to start af monday or tuesday but instead I started spotted pink then brown only when wiping. No cramps, sore bbs, temp above coverline. I hope you get the results you want!!! I will keep an eye on your thread!! Fx'd for you!!!

HPT was negative. I guess a first post-partum period can be just light brown spotting. Guess I'll know more next month if/when AF returns in full force. In the meantime, I am WTC. Just thought this may have been a surprise.

Hello, I've been reading your thread and while my situation seems like it could be a case of light first ppp I'm still having mild cramps. Four days after having red streaks one day, brown discharge the next and then pink the following day. My LO is only three months and was born ten weeks early. We've been using condoms which was our same method before. We conceived the one time unprotected ever. I'm a little nervous and don't want to ask dad to get the test. I'm not sure his reaction, heck I'm not sure mine. See the problem is since it's flu season and horrible where I'm located I'm pretty much shut in the house because LO has eating problems and I'm the only one that can feed or soothe him. And since he was so early I'm NOT to take him to the store or anywhere that's not the Dr. or speech therapy. I've been nauseous, had headaches, sore bb (I am possibly drying up though), super emotional and like I said cramps before during and after the light blood. It will be several days before dad and the housemate are both at work for me to have a girlfriend bring me a test so I guess I'm just seeing if anyone has an opinion until then??

What was the result of the test?

The original poster hasn't been online in 5 years so you're unlikely to get a response. Maybe you could start your own thread so others can share their experiences :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->