Implantation or period.. Please help

Maerdyn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am new to this but I really need help. I'm 19 years old and my boyfriend and I had sex a few nights in a row without protection. He pulled out every time, I am also on birth control but I missed a dose here and there. I'm not due for my period for another week and Friday I noticed that I started having a very dark brown and very light pink discharge. It was not nearly enough for a pad, so I used a panty liner which didn't seem to be of much use since it stopped soon after. A few hours later it happened again. Now yesterday it started out the same as before except no pink. It was a very very dark red and brown. After a few hours it looked similar to a period except it wasn't close to what I've experienced. Soon after that it slowed down and nearly stopped. Now today its barely there. I've had my period for 8 years now and never have I experienced this. I had very little cramps and have been a bit more hungry than I've been used to. And not being a person who eats a lot of meat I've been wanting more and more.

I tried taking 2 pregnancy tests One Friday and one Saturday, they both were negative. But I read that it may be too early to check. I don't know what to do..

Any advice..?

When is your normal period due?
That bleeding you had could've been from skipping pills.

If your on the pill and you miss doses it could be from that as Smir86 pointed out. Also, it could be implantation bleeding. If you don't start bleeding again when its time for your period, try another pregnancy test. Try not to miss any pills. I know I always forgot so I put an alarm on my phone. It really can throw off your cycles.

Thing is I only took two pills and then I lost my pack so I figured I would wait it out to refill my prescription..

If you only took two pills in your pack, there is a very good chance that the bleeding was from not taking your pill. BUT, if you only took two pills, you could also be pregnant. If you can wait to test until your period is due, do that. If you're like me and have no patience, you can check the dollar store or Wal-Mart for cheap tests and take them in the morning with your first pee of the day.

Thank you. I'm partially hoping I am. My boyfriend not so much but if I were he said he'd be happy. I've gone before with missing pills and it caused a period that was normal. I have been doing some research and it seems to be implsntation bleeding. Thank you all for the advice!!

It's possible it was implantation and you just tested too early. I would definitely wait to see if your period is late and try testing again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->