Improving the chance of conceiving over 40

Elisheva009

Reaction score
Has anyone sought help for improving chances of conceiving after age 40?

I recently had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks which I assume is likely to have been caused by an abnormal embryo, but I'm wondering whether that pregnancy was just a fluke or whether I have a realistic chance of conceiving again.

Are there any tests that can be done to determine this, and wat can be done to improve the chance of conceiving?

I'm taking a vitamin supplement including folic acid, Omega 3 and Vitamin D.

Look into dr Anna Cabeca and Leto-green 16… she specializes in women’s health and fertility over 40 and her diet seems to regulate hormones like nothing else. I’m starting it myself; I’m 39 and my baby is 5 months, I never get my fertility back before 14ish months postpartum so I’m trying to get ahead of the game.

so sorry about your loss and good luck.

*Keto-green 16. Sorry for the type-o

I'm
Has anyone sought help for improving chances of conceiving after age 40?

I recently had an early miscarriage at 5 weeks which I assume is likely to have been caused by an abnormal embryo, but I'm wondering whether that pregnancy was just a fluke or whether I have a realistic chance of conceiving again.

Are there any tests that can be done to determine this, and wat can be done to improve the chance of conceiving?

I'm taking a vitamin supplement including folic acid, Omega 3 and Vitamin D.

You have a VERY realistic chance of getting pregnant!
I'm 49, and just had a reversal 2 weeks ago. I have 4 kids who are grown.
Do you have any children?

Hi @Elisheva009,

I feel for your situation. I have a suggestion that might help you, from what I’ve heard from friends, traditional Chinese medicine can help if you are looking to conceive over the age of 40.

A friend of mine who also suffered from the same problem but ended up having a healthy pregnancy after trying Chinese medicine. I think she had acupuncture and some herbal supplements. I came across this article while I was researching, maybe it could help?
How Chinese Medicine can help you conceive over the age of 40

Hi I had my youngest at 41.
We started trying 2 months after I turned 40.
Unfortunately I had 4 early miscarriages in April June July and October of 2020.
After the 3rd chemical pregnancy I had some bloods done to check hormones b4 and after O which all came back normol.
I then went on to have the 4th early miscarriage.

A lady on here advised me to take Galatanised Macca Root and it's very good for fertility and can help prevent miscarriage esp in older womon.
I also started taking Folate instead of folic acid and was advised by a fertility doctor and womon on here to take baby aspirin if I git any lines. Even if faint.
That 4th miscarriage was in October 2020.
And I strated the macca and folate in November 2020.
My 41s birthday was in December 2020 and in January I fell with my youngest.
I'm 42 now and we are trying for our last baby.
I've not started the macca yet but I've got some waiting in my basket on amazon and vitamin D.
I'm just waiting to get payed tomorrow so I can get it.
I'm taking high dose folic acid that was prescribed to me when I was 14 weeks pregnant.
We've only just started trying and I turn 43 this December.

I really hope that helps hon.

abnormal embryo is only one of the reasons why women can't get pregnant, in your case ovarian reserve might also be an issue. When you visit your doc, they should know what tests you need to do to evaluate your chances. Myself I know ladies at 40+ who got pregnant within a few months, and younger friends who had 6th or even 7th time success with IVF. Age is only one of indicators, and is not the most important. If I am not wrong, fertilityroad published some articles in their online magazine on how to boost chances. Fingers crossed and stay positive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->