In 30's and WTTC #1. Anyone else ?

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
I'm 33 in 11 days and we hope to be TTC baby #1 around December 09.

I've been on the BCP for nearly 15yrs and I'm scared as hell about TTC and worried that it might take us ages to get pregnant. I'm on my last pack of pills this month, then I'll be coming off them to see if my body gets into a regular cycle.

Just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat ?

Sorry, I'm not quite in the same boat yet (see my 25+ thread) but I will be by the time I finally get to TTC, so maybe I can have half a point?
Don't stress too much! I was on the pill for 11 years, have come off 3 months ago and have had regular cycles since then. I know not everyone's that lucky but don't worry until you have a reason to! Try charting, makes you feel better and teaches you a lot about your body!

(I realise that I say that like three times a day on here - the charting part I mean - but what can I say, I'm a fan...)

I have similar worries. My husband wants to wait. I'm 28 at the moment. I've been on the pill since I was 16, and I think cycle is beginning to get back to normal now - on 4th real period now but unsure how many ovulated on.

Good luck - keep us updated on how you get on.

I'm 34..will be 35 in a few months.I have three older kids but wanting to try again. MY youngest is almost 10 and I am worried that it will take me forever to get pregnant this time around.I have been charting so that is a good thing.

We could be twins, I am 33 in less than a month, hope to TTC in December09, but in my case the date could be postponed a little. we should certainly look each other up !

We could be twins, I am 33 in less than a month, hope to TTC in December09, but in my case the date could be postponed a little. we should certainly look each other up !

I know, how weird!

It would be good to be TTC together though wouldn't it ?

I have similar worries. My husband wants to wait. I'm 28 at the moment. I've been on the pill since I was 16, and I think cycle is beginning to get back to normal now - on 4th real period now but unsure how many ovulated on.

Good luck - keep us updated on how you get on.

Will do :)

Hi Hobnob!

I am in a bit of a similar situation wondering how long it will take me to finally get pregnant because I don't live with my partner currently. I'm 28 and we've been together for 7 years already (longer than any of my friends and their partners) yet he wants to buy a house so we are not going to move together until we buy the house which is frustrating but finally I said "enough" it's been 7 years and I want to TTC :hissy: so I just started trying.

But I don't get to see him every day because he works a lot and we're just not that close to each other unfortunately which is making things difficult for me as far as having "access" to him when I am ovulating, but I'm trying to do my best to calculate the best days for us to see each other. I'm just worried it's gonna take long doing it this way.

If I haven't conceived by the end of the summer I plan to get one of those fancy ovulation predicting machines and that will probably help. I encourage everyone to do the same because it's money well spent. I read that most of the "infertility" cases are just due to not trying on the right days.

:hug:

Are you charting Heather? If not, I know I'm like a broken record, but try it! It costs you like £3 to buy a decent thermometer and it'll give you a much better idea of when you're ovulating!
Is your situation going to change any time soon in terms of seeing OH more often? I'm just asking as I'd think that can't be easy when pregnant and especially when looking after a LO? Are you looking into buying a place together now or is that a plan for the future? And are you trying now or still WTT? Sorry, I'm just a tad curious, I know...

I'm 30 and WTT for #1. We're planning on starting to TTC in January 2010, so guess I'll be 31 or 32 when I actually have the baby assuming we manage to conceive in 2010.

Not yet decided what methods we will be using (hoping to keep it as laid back as we can) but my cycle does tend to vary from month to month.

K x

I'm 29 but we are WTT until next year, possibly the summer so I'll be 30 then. Then again, if we aren't properly settled by then it could be even later. I do worry about age and I think that even if we aren't in a great situation by the end of 2010 we'll still decide to start TTC or we'll never get around to it. My DH would now it's me trying to be the sensible one and he's a young'un at 24 with plenty of time ahead of him.

I'm 29 but we are WTT until next year, possibly the summer so I'll be 30 then. Then again, if we aren't properly settled by then it could be even later. I do worry about age and I think that even if we aren't in a great situation by the end of 2010 we'll still decide to start TTC or we'll never get around to it. My DH would now it's me trying to be the sensible one and he's a young'un at 24 with plenty of time ahead of him.

My thinking was similar, Flowerpot. I was worried we'd never get aroudn t oit and then one day it would be too late. Also, I suppose you never know how long it is going to take to get that :bfp: so I personally didn't want to wait until too late. Saying that, my mum had me at 38 and my sis was 36 when she had my nephew.

K x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"