in a bit of a pickle if I get a BFP... eeek!!

tinadecember

Mummy to Evie and TTC
Reaction score
So my mums sister who has been like a big sister to me is pregnant (currently 23 weeks). Unfortunately her husband has in recent weeks lost his job, she doesn't work as she's a stay at home mum to their daughter so as you can imagine they're stuggling a lot financially and with a baby on the way I imagine these are very stressful times for them!

Me being the lovely person that I am I've offered them all of the necessities that we bought when my daughter was born ie moses basket, steriliser, rocker chair, pram, car seat to name a few! and they have gladly accepted and thanked me time and time again at how much of a superstar I am by helping them out.

In the meantime we've decided to TTC... What in the world am I gonna do now if I get a BFP????

I can't exactly tell her she can't have them anymore.

I do get myself in some situations haha!

Ah bless you, so sweet for lending your stuff out!! I would worry about it as and when you get your BFP. She is already over half way through her pregnancy anyway, so even if you got your bfp tomorrow she would probably be done with a lot of your stuff (i.e. moses basket) before you would need it for your new baby anyway?

I think when you announce your bfp they will understand that you need your stuff back and you can just delicately say at that point (if she doesnt!) that you will need your stuff back by x date, then over the coming months I'm sure they can find the bits that you had offered elsewhere second hand cheaply or could borrow off other friends? Also you could then lend out toys/clothes which your newborn wont be using yet but which her older baby would enjoy?

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->