In a state of shock.

Abigailly

Reaction score
Well yesterday was the first day Niamh's been rocking the fluff full time.

I've been doing as I always did with dispossies, changing her, bunging the nappy in the bin (a £5 swing bin from ASDA:blush:). So tonight I put on my first only nappy wash and there was 22 nappies in it!!!

I've not been changing her more regularly, she just poops a lot. But that's 22 nappies I would have sent to landfill!

I never thought about it when I just had to stick it in the bin, but now I wash them, it kind of shocked me how many there were, that's not including wipes, nappy bags, packaging from nappies etc.

Was just an unwelcome surprise how many nappies I'd been throwing.

:shock: wow, 22 is a helluva lot....I think if alot of people put their babies in cloth for a month they would feel the guilt set in with how many they actually throw away...even for a standard 6-8 changes in a 24 hour period thats 168-224 nappies a MONTH!!!

times that by every baby in disposable nappies for say 2 full years and it makes you feel sick....I have a landfill down the road from me right by a beautiful spot next to the water and it makes my heart sink everytime I see it being piled up by diggers :nope:

Well done you though for striving to make a change...:thumbup:

wow that is a lot of nappies, that works out like every 2 hours night and day lol!

I never really gave much thought to landfill or anything like that until i realised just how many nappies in their little bags we were throwing away each day.

She has a bad tummy. From when she gets up at 6 to about 12 I'll get about 7 or 8 soiled nappies. Its
Main reason we tured to the dark side!!

woooow thats loads of nappies! I wash every 3 days and there are less than that!

It is scary when you look at how much rubbish you would have thrown out...and makes the :laundry: and the :hangwashing: worth it!

Yea its why we considered changing I would stare at the plastic packet of nappies and think about it sitting in a landfill (silly but its me!) then Id come on here and see the prettiness of it all...

Its scary isn't it, althuogh, my god 22 nappies in a day? :rofl:

celine, how popular are cloth nappies in Holland? I have lots of family there (but none with babies) and know how hot they are on recycling xx

Woweee!

We used sposies for the first few weeks when No was born, we recylce as much as we can and usually have 1/2 to 3/4 of a black bag of rubbish per week, with the sposies it shot up to 2 - 3 bags full!! I was horrified so got our nappies prewashed quick and started full time cloth as quick as I could - it really is scary how much waste is produced by sposies, plus wipes, nappy bags etc :wacko:

Its scary isn't it, althuogh, my god 22 nappies in a day? :rofl:

celine, how popular are cloth nappies in Holland? I have lots of family there (but none with babies) and know how hot they are on recycling xx

Well, 22 nappies in 30odd hours!

Today we only 9 nappies :)

But I agree about the rubbish, I had to go to the tip as the bin men wouldn't accept it!! Too much rubbish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->