in childcare at 3 months

greenkat

Mummy of two
Reaction score
Has anyone had to put their LO in childcare really young?

I've got 4 months left until I finish my degree and I'll have to put Neve in childcare for 10 weeks of that (3 days a week). I know it's best all round but it brings me to tears just thinking about it. She'll be 3 months, 3 days when she starts going and she seems so little. I'm worried it'll harm our relationship, that she'll hate it there and about so many other things to do with it!

Any advice on how to deal with it?

I can understand your worry. My LO was supposed to go to a childminder next month ( aged 5 months) so I return to Uni. However, I have deferred until she's 1. TBH I'm not having a good time dealing with leaving her.

i think a lot of woman put their babies in at 3 months as many countries dont give working moms more than 3 months leave, at my college actually its only 1 month i was just lucky i had the baby in the summer and they let me take him to classes with me for a couple of months. It is young and it will be hard for you but i do not think it will harm your bond, its only 3 days a week and you will have plenty of time to spend together. I know how difficult it is for you, i just put my baby in at 6 months and even that was difficult, im not sure it gets easier but as long as you find a place you really like that will take care of the baby as you would like then i am sure that everything will be just fine. Dont feel guilty! The only other advice i can give is if you are nursing introduce a bottle before you send your baby there so you dont have trouble getting her on it, and remember you are sending her there because you want to take care of her and provide for her and finishing your degree is the way for you to do that.

My son just started nursery today and he will be away from me for 10hrs which is a normal business day for both me and DH ..its hard belive me I wish I didnt have to work but I do ..luckily here we get 1 year off paid ..so trust me im brooding at he moment lol

Thanks for your responses, I do feel really guilty and anxious. It's good to know I'm not the only one feeling like this - the other mums I know don't seem to mind.

Its normal to be anxious about it. My mom does daycare and most the babies start at 6 weeks old because thats all the mother took for leave. If you spend a lot of time with your baby when she isn't in daycare then I think you'll still have a stong bond. Good luck to you.

My son started going to childcare at 12 weeks old. It was really hard at first but luckily it was only two days a week. Now I really like that he goes twice a week because he is always having lots of fun with the other children. Plus it gives me a couple days a week where I can go to work and have grown up conversation. Hang in there, it will get easier :hugs: your doing such a great thing finishing your degree. Don't worry about your relationship either, my son just crawls over to us and smiles when he gets picked up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->