In grown toe nail!!! Ouch!!!

The only cure I believe is to have it removed. I've had two, both on my big toes and they had to be removed. Then they put a chemical on which stopped the nail from growing back. I've not had any problems since, and I got mine done around 6/7 years ago.

You get used to having alien feet :haha: but seriously, its worth getting done, the relief when that pain is gone is amazing :)

The only downside I can think of is having to have my foot stuck out the shower for 6 weeks, I had it propped up on the sink whilst trying to balance on one leg :dohh: I ended up giving up and wrapping it in a plastic bag. Hope you get it sorted soon!

Soak it in warm salty water as often as you can. I was also given anti biotics by my doctors for mine a couple of years ago. It healed up and not had any trouble with it again

Soak it in warm salty water as often as you can. I was also given anti biotics by my doctors for mine a couple of years ago. It healed up and not had any trouble with it again

My brother has had this loads of times and this makes all the infection come out :sick: but then he was able to cut the nail and its fine now.

Btw this was after he had had it pulled off! and was told it wouldnt grow back but it did ... :confused:

I got them in all four corners of my two big toes. It's my own fault because I'd always cut my nails too short and they'd grow into the skin than. I've had three professionally removed and they packed the medicine in, etc. That was over 10 years ago and all is well with them now. They have never grown back. I still have the one side that occasionally get inflamed but I've learned not to clip my nails too much because it only irritates it. Once it grows out of the skin, it's fine.

I never found anything that helped them. I used to just clip it and than rip them out myself. And while it hurt for like a day after, the infection would disappear after that. :shrug:

Thanks I went to the doctor and she said to leave it until it grows out and gave me antibiotics!! (not sure that will work!)

My brother has had this loads of times and this makes all the infection come out :sick: but then he was able to cut the nail and its fine now.

Btw this was after he had had it pulled off! and was told it wouldnt grow back but it did ... :confused:

Aye, my OH had both his big toe nails take off when he was a teenger due to constant ingrown nails. Hes never had trouble with one but his left one grows back hard, thick, gray and to the side. Its disgusting! :sick:

Like the others have said, soak it in warm water and gently pull back the side to get the pus out (gross I know). Keep some kind of antibiotic cream on it. They really suck to have! I've had quite a few. My ex had a bad one and had his nail removed :sick: I watched. It was literally the most disgusting thing I've ever seen! Makes my toes hurt just thinking about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->