In latent labour at 4cm and contractions tapered off!

mrscupcake

Reaction score
I’m 42 weeks today and I’ve have 6 sweeps now! I have been losing large amounts of bloody show every day since Saturday and I had contractions on and off for 3 days! At today’s sweep the midwife said I was 4cm and stretches to 6cm. Contractions came back but very irregular and pretty weak and then totally tapered off since going to bed (happened yesterday too) just don’t know what to do really!! Tried all natural induction methods under the sun and nothing is getting this baby out! I’m delaying induction for another few days in hope my body will eventually do its job but it’s seriously taking its time! Anyone else had a similar experience?!

Ahhh how annoying! Bounce on your ball and as much movement (walking etc) as you can. Up and down the stairs and crab walking. Good luck mama x

me i had this once it really gets going be ready my labour was very quick only an hour

When I was in labor and it slowed down, my midwife used an acupressure point on my foot (not sure where but I bet you could look it up if you haven’t tried) as well as clary sage essential oil on my belly. My contractions started up again within 5 minutes... I was surprised! Maybe it was a fluke, but thought I’d mention it!

You say you've tried everything so maybe these suggestions are useless. But I would try having sex first and if nothing within a few hrs then do castor oil.

Do be prepared, if you're already 4-6 once things start you'll probably hit transition very quickly, maybe even in an hour or so! GL and let us know when baby comes xx

Oh you poor thing! Hopefully LO gets a wriggle on very soon. 4, stretching to 6 is awesome!

I hope things start back up for you and LO arrives soon!!!

Baby arrived at 5.23am yesterday! So later on that morning my hind waters broke so they booked me in for induction the following morning.every day I’d been doing acupressure, blanching on ball, breast pumping, sex, evening primrose etc etc but I decided to save my energy for the induction the next day and just chill out for once. Contractions came on gradually like they had been doing the last 3 days and then became stronger but still irregular. Forewaters went at about midnight and I rang to midwife early hours and they arrived at 3am (we’d planned a Home birth) contractions still every 5 mins but very strong. At about 4.30 I was 4cm still, I got in the pool and started pushing around 4.45 ish and delivered at 5.23am. So I was in active labour for about 2 hours! Wasn’t actually as quick as my last birth and this one was by far the hardest and most painful one!! But he’s here now weighing 9lbs! Xxx

Congratulations on your new beautiful little man xxxxx

Awe congratulations on your little boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back