In my dreams

Creative

Reaction score
I want another homebirth.
I have three children with each one, birth became a more natural thing and I felt more incharge and more confident. My first two were born in hospital.. I would have chosen homebirth with number two as well, but couldn't persuade my OH.
With number 3 I did persuade him, but my GP threw a hissy fit at me and dispite that fact that with two previous births both uncomplicated, she refused to have me on the books if i went ahead with the preposterous idea. I was lucky that i had been a nurse in the local hospital and still knew some of the midwives there. A phone call to them allayed all my fears. They would take on all my care and the consultant would offer me GP care should i need it.
then 10 weeks before i was due we moved back to Yorkshire and I went to the Gp to book in ready for a fight. It was an anti climax when the Gp said that's great we love homebirths!
That was 13 years ago and now I have reached the grand old age of 43 and I am going to ask for a homebirth again. I wasn't planniong this pregnancy, it's been a shock so before i go to the GP to book in, i have ordered Sheila Kitzengers Home birth book (it was a truely fantastic read and help last time) and I'll be firing on all cylinders so they can't talk me out of it unless there are complications.
Has anyone my age been refused on the grounds of age alone?

I would ring your GP first because you may not need to see them. In most areas you book in with the midwifes directly and dont need to see the GP about your pregnancy. The only time I saw mine was to get antibiotics for a UTI.

You are unlikely to even come into contact with your GP this pregnancy. You'll probably have a booking in at home with a community Mw. And regardless of what anyone says, or what anyone's risk factors may be, no one can tell you that you can have a home birth. Not the GP, Mw or consultant. You decide where you give birth. There's a home birth support group in east Yorkshire :) pop along for some support. :flower:

Here's the group

https://www.facebook.com/HEYHomeBirthGroup?ref=ts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"