In need of advice about baby being head down

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

I have posted in here before asking a similar question and some lovely ladies answered it for me putting my mind at ease, however I am further along now and worried again so need some reassurance, I would be so grateful if you could answer this for me. I'm 25weeks in the 2ndtri but I think you all will be able to answer this question better for me with you all being further along in this section.

Anyways let's get to the question :)

My little boy has been head down since 18weeks and he hasn't moved from that position at all... My midwife checks on him each week and every scan he has been head down. He's moving further and further head down as time goes by and because of this the sonographer has never managed to get his head measurements. They have tried hours and over several weeks to the stage where they was prodding and poking me that much and hard to get him to move I just had to refuse the scan as it was far too painful and the baby just wasn't moving from the postition so it seemed daft to carry on.

He's in a deep cephalic position

I explained to the midwifes that I am in discomfort with my pelvis and I waddle when I walk like I'm 40weeks pregnant... I look quite silly doing it with a tiny bump But I can't seem to walk normally.. Anyway my midwife said I will feel like I am 40 weeks as the baby's sitting in my pelvis.

I am just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar ?

Has any of your baby's been head down since early on and not moved and do you feel the same as me?

I'm scared my baby started off head down when he was small and now he's getting bigger he is stuck there, I know that sounds crazy but I can't help worry about that, that's why I need a little reassurance, I don't want him to be stuck :(

I am prone to preterm birth but have a stitch so don't know if he is ready to be born but can't go anyway due to the stitch.

I just wish I knew so I could stop worrying

Thankyou for reading and any advice would be great :)

I can see why your worried, I think you should write down all your worries and make an app with your midwife, she's the best person to ask, make sure you tell her everything, you'll feel alot better im sure of it.. Hope you get some answers, x

My first was like that, a pain for me from mid second tri until his birth at 39 weeks. Some babies just like that position. Babies head won't get stuck there...their skulls are soft and flexible and not fused. I wouldn't worry.

Thankyou, I have an appointment on Tuesday with her so I'm deffinetly going to ask then and bring up my concerns. I have asked before but no medical staff seems worried about it but it worrys me alot

Thankyou Catherinek I don't know if I worry too much, I can't wait until he is here and full term so I can stop worrying about him getting stuck upside down

Bless you, if the professionals aren't worried, then try and relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, x

My baby has been head down since at least 22 weeks. However it didn't engaged until about 34 weeks, so I'm in a slightly different position.

Everyone kept saying, oh they can move any time or decide to flip around but it never did. Just stayed head down and kicked me in the ribs all the time.

But it really doesn't seem to be anything to worrry about - the skull is soft and pliable so nothing is going to get stuck and better to be head down that worrying about a breech birth.

I appreciate it's uncomfortable - the pressure can be quite...interesting... at times and I'm developing that waddle you were talking about too but hey ho, I'll waddle my way around and hope for a healthy birth.

Best of luck.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->