In shock

Avalanche

Reaction score
So um yeah I guess I'm in here now. Been 8 years since I've done this. Never intended it to be that long but my marriage ended and I was a single mum for a long time.

In fact I've only been with my OH for 4 months now (we live together and he is amazing with my daughter) and although I know he's 'the one' and I never felt this way about my ex husband, it's still a huge shock and I know we're going to be judged horribly for it.

I told him this morning and he burst out laughing and gave me a huge cuddle. He's shocked, but happy. I'm still getting my head around it. But yeah, super pregnant and a bit stressed as I am having a lot of period pains today. Ironically my daughter, today, asked us if she can have a sibling. :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 13
Congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

Congratulations! Your OH sounds great and like he will be an awesome support for you.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Thanks ladies. My ex was very abusive and when I told him I was pregnant....well it was awful. So I was terrified to tell OH and nearly cried from relief when he laughed. He keeps teasing me now in such cute ways. Just need to get over friends and family judgements. We still get told we're crazy for living together but we're soul mates and Ive been through enough to know.

Sounds like this new OH is a keeper and that this baby was made with love. So glad you've found happiness after being in an abusive relationships. Hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Congrats!! Your OH sounds wonderful and judgy people can stuff it. :) I met my husband in August '13, moved in that November, engaged in August '14, married this past June and now 12 weeks along with our first. You know yourself and your OH best. Bet your daughter will be thrilled too! Very happy for you, h+h 9 months!

Wow! Very strong lines. Congratulations. Sod anyone that judges you. You know your feelings and what is right for you. Who cares what others think. Tell them it's non of their business, if they can't be happy for you then do one. Happy healthy 9 months x

Thanks ladies. Those lines weren't FMU either, only realised I had a spare test this afternoon. Never had them so strong with my daughter at this point. I'm still in shock but feeling happy.

Thank you ladies. OH is mostly over his shock and now we're really happy.

I've got some serious health issues to get over so I hope my doctor reacts ok to the news. It feels so positive but just need to make sure it's all going to be ok.

Awwww! Massive congrats! I know it's easier said than done, but screw what others think. It's your body and your life and what matters is that you two are happy together and excited to give your new little one lots of love. People will always judge. There's nothing you can do about it. Just know that things will work out in the end. Keep focused on what you want from life. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months.

My hubby and I started dating and got pregnant right away.. Literally.. So now we are on our 3rd.

Sounds like he's happy to be a daddy! Glad everything is going well. Don't worry about other people. Really! Don't think about them at all.. This is your baby and your life. Congratulations!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->