In so much pain :-(

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
For the last 2 days i have had really bad pains the pain is constant on both sides of my upper ribs and throughout the day i get pain shooting across my tummy it happens on average about 30 times a day as well as the constant dull ache in my ribs. I went to the doctors today and have to go back next week for blood tests to rule out stomach ulcers, gallstones, liver and kidney problems. As well as having these pains my appetite has not been the same for weeks. I had the same pains a couple of weeks ago but just put it down as a tummy bug. Its so painful i cant physically bend down to pick my lo up or pick anything else up for that matter. The shooting pains across my tummy are best described as feeling like contractions, obviously there not but thats what it feels like. Has anyone rver had gallstones in their gallbladder? Or had a similar situation to this? In 2minds to go to the hospital over the weekend if this continues cant take much more of it ;-) any advice/experiences appreciated thanks x

There are several things that come to mind, but your symptoms are synonymous with so many diagnoses, it's hard to guess the ultimate culprit.

Gallbaldder pain tends to be localized under the right rib cage, and sometimes radiates to the back and is exacerbated by eating greasy foods.

It could be a blockage in your intestines. This can be serious. If your stools are pencil thin or non-existent for a long period of time, you should definitely let your dr. know.

Sometimes pancreatitus presents this way, but it's typically coupled with nausea and vomitting.

Ulcers? Definitely.

Like I said, it's hard to pinpoint since those symptoms can be any one of those things I mentioned, or something different entirely.

Either way, I hope your dr. is diligent in diagnosing and treating your ailment. Wishing you a speedy and safe recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->