in the night

M

mummyjadey

does anyones OH help you in the night for feeds or getting baby back to sleep? mine dont help at all!! its so unfare :hissy::cry:

Mine has tried about 3 times, but normally he makes things worse. I always wake up anyway so I might as well just do the settling. If I have a bad night then I make him get up at +-6 and do the morning bottle and feed while I catch a good solid 1 1/2 hours of sleep.

i always say they need to do there fare bit but even if i have been up all night he still wouldnt help i always feel like leaving him lol

yes he will if i ask him to. he only started recdently as i'm bfing but he almost enjoys it - being more involved.

me and chris take it in turns to get up and sort her, even tho he has work everyday. its just something we have always done with her and it works for us, but if she is been a little madam i will genereally try and settle her so he can go bk to sleep.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: james does all the night stuff, even though she doesn't wake that much, recently though as she's been so poorly x

Tell him you need a little hand at night now and then. Its unfair to let you do it all the time xx

Tell him you need a little hand at night now and then. Its unfair to let you do it all the time xx

as if e wont lol i look after them in the day as well wile e works but still he shoud do it at weekends then coz he dont work weekends but no e wont :hissy::hissy::hissy:

:hugs: i would personally put your foot down, espec at the weekend, even tho he works its not like you sit on your arse all day is it, youve got 2 kids to look after thats a hard job aswel!

i dont get up at all never have he wont let me he sees it as his time with Riley well when he used to wake now when he gets up at 5/6 he will get up with him take him downstairs and put him back bed before he leaves for work then i get up with him when he wakes

My DH has never woken up anyway, so I've made it his thing to deal with any waking after 6am as he normally gets up for work at 6.30am anyway, but I carry this rule over to the weekends too! Sometimes I get another hour or so!

:hugs: i would personally put your foot down, espec at the weekend, even tho he works its not like you sit on your arse all day is it, youve got 2 kids to look after thats a hard job aswel!

yeh exactl i have said my job never stops i work 24/7 wich is true , i have tried putin my foot down he just doesnt anser or just ignores me x

Stan's always helped with the night feeds and now that Hannah's down to one (that we're trying to cut out) he is the one who gets up and does it so I am very lucky!

OH doesnt do the night feeds as it just ends up stressing him and Brooke out then she wont go back to sleep easily and i have to wake uo to settle her.

However he gets up and does the morning thing so 6/7am onwards so i can have an extra hours sleep.

Give your OH a kick up the butt, try and come to some kind of compromise

I know how you feel, my OH doesnt help during the night at all!

I have a way of doing things which I guess must be instinct, like I know to make up a bottle as soon as I hear Rhys stirring in the night so its warm before he starts to get upset and make lots of noise, also I never put the light on or get Rhys out of bed if he wakes in the night, I just give him his bottle and put a lullaby on. It always works, wwe never have tears and in 15 minutes we have a sleeping babay again.
But when OH tried doing night feeds it was terrible- he was so clumsy I'm sure he woke the whole of Rugby - he always put the light on and never got up until Rhys had started crying so it took ages to settle him and I ended up waking anyway. Grrrr men!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->