Incompetent Cervix

I just wanna know few things... so i went to the doctor today and i started asking the doctor questions... about what happend to me about the whole miscarriage thing. anyway... i start telling her that i had contractions and my water broke. she told me an incomptent cervix you dont get contraction which i didn't believe her cause i read alot about it on the internet.. alot of woman who have it, had contractions... so im thinking is she dumb or what? what do you guys think about that?

It depends on what happened first. Did your cervix start dilating, effacing and shortening, which in turn caused contractions? Or was it spontaneous labor and the contractions caused all those things? True IC is painless and contraction free at first, generally. If you went into labor and THEN your cervix started to shorten and open, I would call that spontaneous labor, not IC.

actually I start having contraction and my cervix opened then my water broke

Yeah, spontaneous labor/miscarriage can happen anytime. If you had contractions first then that's not diagnostic IC, but it could have still played some sort of role in your loss. Are you contemplating a stitch? If so, I would go for it.

I told the doctor about it and she said that i might not need it after all... i'm testing every test possible to try to figure out what's my reason and it's just so confusing. I just hope i wont go through the same thing again... really cause i wouldn't be able to handle it... i'll be careful with this one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->