Incomplete miscarriage and BBT's

bellebaby

TTC #1 after a loss
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a connection between and incomplete miscarriage / incomplete d &c and BBT's??

I had a missed miscarriage which was removed by d & c 1.5 weeks ago. I wasnt charting temps while pregnant (but was when TTC) but at the moment my temps are low like they usually are before ovulation.

I hear that a missed d & c means that the body is still retaining tissue and the body thinks it is still pregnant. Does this mean that if you were retaining tissue, you would have a HIGH temp????

Sorry if this makes no sense, I am just having weird stop-start bleeding and thinking the worst i.e. that the d and c missed something. Any advice would be appreciated :)

I suffered from retained tissue for three months and temped all the way through. I did actually have cycles although my luteal phase was shorter than my short normal.

What you should watch out for is bleeding that lasts longer than a couple of weeks and continuing positive pregnancy tests. If you are concerned try asking your doctor for an ultrasound to check your uterus is empty. You might find that they start you on antibiotics first before they perform an ultrasound as continued bleeding could also be a sign of infection.

I hope your bleeding resolves quickly with no extra help needed. It is hard enough to suffer a loss without having to worry about your health, too. Right now, please try not to worry as it has been less than two weeks since your loss and stop start bleeding is normal at that point. :hugs:

Thanks so much petitpas :) And I am sorry for your loss as well. Well, I see the doctor on Tuesday so I will see if he suggests an ultrasound based on my symptoms. From what Im hearing, I am normal as I am not suffering cramps or having heavy bleeding. And you are right, it hasnt been 2 weeks yet so I should try to be patient. Thanks again xo

To be honest, with this latest loss I bled for a bit longer than two weeks and my hpt stayed positive, but I could see the lines getting weaker and felt ok so I was happy. With my first (incomplete) loss I was up all night passing huge clots so it was pretty obvious something was wrong.

I'm also sorry for your loss :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->