Increased risk for Trisomy 18 or 13

Don't worry about telling people, when I lost my lg, I was 20w ~ everyone knew. It was hard but everyone ended up being so supportive and the you discover the horrible truth so many people hAve experienced loss or someone close has but no one talks about it normally and you get lots of love. This is not will happen to you as your lo will be finexxxx

Hi wildflower79 so sorry about your loss it is such a heartbreaking syndrome. Some days I'm positive things will be ok, others I'm not at all.

I hope you get the cvs results tomorrow bumblebeettc1! I would also take the fact that it is smaller as a positive but I guess it is just too early for the doctor to say yes or no and they are definitely cautious until they are certain which is so hard. It really is like time has stood still!

I had to tell quite a few people as I was very sick in the beginning so it was pretty obvious so potentially having to tell them the baby has T18/13 is also stressing me out to be honest. My bump is getting bigger and I just imagined this time to be so great but instead i'm trying to hide it as I'm scared it'll all go.

Keep strong! Xx

I just had my D&C today as my bean has trisomy 13.

I know what you mean, the girls from my work noticed my bump. So I told them about the pregnancy a week before my NT. I didn't expect anything to go wrong as im young and she's my second.

Anyway, it was the most difficult thing when the news spreads and ppl were congratulating my pregnancy and I know things aren't looking good. I bursted into tears a few times while telling them the bad news. But they were so supportive and amazing.

From hindsight I maybe should've hold my tongue as I didnt get any ms at all (neither with my first). Retelling the bad news over and over again was like ripping the wound open repeatedly.

Hopefully you will get your results soon!
Hugs hugs hugs

Oh I'm sorry you've had to go through this Bunanie. I can imagine telling people over and over is heartbreaking. I hope you're taking some time off work after all this, you definitely need to look after yourself it is so traumatic!

Lizlemon, I know people will be supportive whatever happens and whatever I decide to do and you're right, so many people have had losses we're just not good at talking about them!I wish we were as that is what helps.

Hugs to you all!! Xx

I've finally got an update and it's good news. No extra chromosomes seen on the verifi blood test! Although this is not diagnostic (as they keep telling me) I am happy with those results! With the original odds and now a negative blood test I think it would be pretty unlikely that there was a problem. Now I'm just waiting for my 20 week scan. Fingers crossed all is ok with that.

This last 3 weeks has been a roller coaster and I hope I can relax now and begin to enjoy the pregnancy.

Thanks all for your support and kind words. :hugs: to everyone! x

That's good news!!!! 😊😊😊😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->