Induce when head not engaged

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Lisbob, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Lisbob

Lisbob New Member

Hi,

I dont know if this is in the right section!! I am 41wks with my second and he has not yet engaged although he is head down. I cant get a sweep due to this. I have been booked into be induced on Friday but the doctor was steering towards a section. I am getting tablets inserted first and I wondered if anyone has had this when the baby was not engaged, will induction work? THey said they cant break my waters until he engages, I dont want a section or to be induced but it looks like I might get both.

Thanks

2. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

I'm only with my first so not experienced but I was under the impression that the baby can often engage right in labour, especially for second and further births. Perhaps if they are suggesting a section there is possibly some reason why the baby might not be able to engage?

3. brightstar08

brightstar08 Mummy of 2

Hi... I was in the same situation as you. I was 11 days over with my baby and he was not engaged either. i was induced in the morning, had my waters broke in the afternoon (in the theatre incase i needed an emergency section) and had my baby by 19.30 in the evening. everything went according to plan and didnt even need stitches! i think as long as ur waters are broke in a controlled environment and he/she comes down into the pelvis you can have a normal delivery. hope everything goes well for you...good luck :hug:

4. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

A girl I know had this with both pregnancies and she was induced both times. It worked fine and she had them naturally x

5. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

My twin sister has had 2 children and neither time was the head engaged before labour. I think you'll be fine hun. Good luck!!! x x

6. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Good luck! Everyone else is right!

7. Lisbob

Lisbob New Member

Thank you so much everyone you have made me feel so much more positive.

LX