Induce when head not engaged

Lisbob

Reaction score
Hi,

I dont know if this is in the right section!! I am 41wks with my second and he has not yet engaged although he is head down. I cant get a sweep due to this. I have been booked into be induced on Friday but the doctor was steering towards a section. I am getting tablets inserted first and I wondered if anyone has had this when the baby was not engaged, will induction work? THey said they cant break my waters until he engages, I dont want a section or to be induced but it looks like I might get both.

Thanks

I'm only with my first so not experienced but I was under the impression that the baby can often engage right in labour, especially for second and further births. Perhaps if they are suggesting a section there is possibly some reason why the baby might not be able to engage?

Hi... I was in the same situation as you. I was 11 days over with my baby and he was not engaged either. i was induced in the morning, had my waters broke in the afternoon (in the theatre incase i needed an emergency section) and had my baby by 19.30 in the evening. everything went according to plan and didnt even need stitches! i think as long as ur waters are broke in a controlled environment and he/she comes down into the pelvis you can have a normal delivery. hope everything goes well for you...good luck :hug:

A girl I know had this with both pregnancies and she was induced both times. It worked fine and she had them naturally x

My twin sister has had 2 children and neither time was the head engaged before labour. I think you'll be fine hun. Good luck!!! x x

Good luck! Everyone else is right!

Thank you so much everyone you have made me feel so much more positive.

LX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->