Induction advice needed:)

Jamaris Mummy

Reaction score
If anyone has any experience with being induced and can recommend anything id love to hear:) big chance I'm being induced next thurs and want to get some ladies experiences. I'm sort of bummed becoz I want to be able to be mobile etc and not stuck in a bed etc.. Any positive advice welcome, thankyou x

I was induced with a pessary gel n put on monitor n had to stay in the bed for an hour but after that I didn't stop!

I walked round the whole hospital n contractions began but I carried on walkin n stuff! I just wudnt lie on the bed that's why I think dd came so quick! They had me labour down as 1 hr 40 mins with no pain relief! They promoted me movin round so I'd defo recommend that!

I do understand I may have been lucky with a short labour so be prepared to need more than 1 gel so I'd take plenty to keep u occupied n break the day up with naps and baths!

I'm praying for the same kinda labour this time! x

I was induced and i had the gel and then the drip to get me going. I was allowed to stay mobile, more mobile with the gel as only needed 1h monitoring, with the drip they need to monitor continually, we had a clip that attached to LO's head so that you could still move but yeah you were pretty much stuck to the bed but i found the contractions so strong with the drip and from what others have told be it can be pretty intense, i only managed 8 hours before i had to have an Epidural but LO was also back to back.

My induction wasn't typical though as lo was not ready for world yet and had my waters broken and all that jazz. Ive heard that if LO is ready to come its easier.

I'm being induced tomorrow, so keeping an eye on this thread :)

hope you dont mind me popping in from 1st trimester, i was having a little nose and came across this thread!

I had to be induced at 38 weeks due to me being type 1 diabetic and they inserted a pessary around 9.30pm so i could get a good nights sleep, i woke up around 8am the next morning to niggly pains, they were about to insert a next pessary but checked my cervix and i was 4 cm's dilated ..so it worked a treat! they had to break my waters at some point down the line too! i was in labour for 7 hours and gave birth to my little girl at 7 minutes past 3 in the afternoon! wasnt an easy labour i must admit, had to be stuck to the bed all wired up to a sliding scale. had a healthy baby so that was the main :) good luck !! xx

I'm in the us and At my hospital they use pitocin to induce, not just gel. They inserted cervadil for 12 hours overnight to ripen my cervix. I was too crampy with it to sleep. I think I got maybe an hour total. I was monitored during the night but was told I could be mobile during that point. But they were hoping I could sleep instead, and they weren't thinking that the cervadil was enough to make me dilate so walking would have been basically pointless, and just used up my energy at that point. They next day with the pitocin I was limited to being on the bed ( bed could be in any position though, standing next to the bed( they lifted the bed way up so I could lean on it) and on the birthing ball right next to the bed. If I had to go to the bathroom they unhooked the monitors but hooked them right back when I was done. I wasn't allowed to walk halls, in the shower, or the tub. They broke my water once I was at 4cm and after that I was in too much pain to stand. I had an epi a few hrs later, and Megan was born about 2 hrs after that was in place.

okay, maybe I am answering the wrong question but my sister used to drink raspberry tea to induce labour... worked for her....

Thankyou veryone for the input!! I def got a few good tips there:) mommyJaan thanks but I'm being medically induced:) goodluck to everyone with their lo's! Keep the feedback coming!:) xxx

I got the gel tablet when i was induced with ds2, got my "monitoring" then they left me and DH went home as it was nearly 11pm by that point, i had already been having very mild early contractions that werent doing anything for a few hours that evening, anyway i sat upright on the edge of the bed or on the ball and used my TENS and read my book for a few hours then asked and was allowed a bath but decided i prefered my TENS so got back out put it back on and sat back on the edge of the bed trying to read , rocking my hips through the contractions as they got stronger, at 5am i asked to be checked and was 5-6 CM so moved to a delivery room got down there and DH arrived ( i had phoned him after being checked ) at 6.35am, got him to take off my TENS caus they gave me the Entonox ( gas and air ) and i felt ds2 decending but needed to pee so went to the bathroom where my waters exploded everywhere in great style i yelled for DH who helped me back out and onto the bed and ds2 was born at 6.58am lol

I was induced at 37 weeks with my last son as my waters broke but the labour never started. After being induced my labour was 4 hours. It was an easy birth. I spent all my time lying down on the bed, not because the midwife said I had to, I don't know the reason why to be honest, think I just thought I had to stay there at the time, lol. Good luck and I hope it all goes well. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->