Induction at 38 weeks

charbaby

pregnant with baby no.4
Reaction score
Looking for some stories of previous inductions.
I am getting induced on the 9th May at 38 weeks due to baby being on the larger side. It's my 3rd baby but haven't been induced before :thumbup:

I was induced but I was 41+5 and I was already 2-3cm. They just broke my waters and I gave birth 45 minutes later - easy peasy! But I think it was only because he was ready to come. I've watched ladies being induced with the tablet behind the cervix and it can take 2-3 days so just prepare yourself for a long wait!

I was sent for induction at 38 weeks with my second baby,Was examined at the hospital and was 2cm so didnt need the pessary,Was given a thouragh sweep and sent for a walk,Had some contractions and 14 Hours later my waters broke when i was putting my slippers on!!

Contractions come a lot stronger and got to 4cm but then they decided to give me an epi and syntocyn to speed things up,4 hours later was ready to push,4 big pushes he was born,No tears or grazes,Id happily take the same again this time too,Best of luck x x

YYou might want to try Epo to ripen your cervix mayby,There ls a thread on here about it.

I am getting induced on the 9th May at 38 weeks due to baby being on the larger side. It's my 3rd baby but haven't been induced before :thumbup:

I'm seeing a consultant this week as my lo is above 90th centile and measuring .2 weeks ahead will have growth scan I assume too . Did they do this with u too? I don't want to be induced !

Hey I'm getting induced on May 9th at 38 weeks too! Due to pre-eclampsia.

i was induced at 38 weeks last year due to high blood pressre and my son measuring in 5th centile.. Went in tuesday morning at 11 put pesery in and mw said i was 1 cm dialated already.. had him 19.39 wed night xx

I'm seeing a consultant this week as my lo is above 90th centile and measuring .2 weeks ahead will have growth scan I assume too . Did they do this with u too? I don't want to be induced !

They never did growth scan just measured me (5 weeks ahead) and felt my belly and said she feels like she is taking up alot of room in there and estimated her weight at 8lb to 8 n half at 36 weeks. I am happy to be induced as I would dread to think how big she could get if left to do it naturally. They can not make you be induced tho so if you don't want to you can just say no x

currently in the hospital, the induction pessary was put in 6 hours ago - will let you how I get on...... so far I've had a lot of backache, but the TENS machine has taken the edge off it.

Gosh this thread has answerd my question lol I was wondering if they would induce at 38 weeks if baby was big. I was 37 weeks yesterday and I have always been measuring way above where I should be by 2-3 weeks. My last baby was 10lb 2 and one midwife has told me I'm possibly heading the same way again. I've had one growth scan at about 28 weeks and they said he was slightly above the average weight at the time but nothing major. I've got another midwife appointment on tuesday to check how big my belly is this week and to see if I should be sent for another growth scan, I really don't want another 10lb baby so I'm kinda hoping they will send me for a scan then induce me at 38 weeks! Never been induced before and this is also baby number 3. Good luck hope all goes well for you x

AJS mummy, I am measuring 5 weeks ahead now but was only measuring 2 weeks ahead until i got to 36 weeks. good luck hope you get your induction! x

it all depends on what method they use, i had the pessarys on the day i was 38 weeks which was a saturday, had five more as nothing happened then the tues morn they broke my waters as soon as i stood up i was contracting, fast forward 6 and a half hours and im being wheeled in for an emergency section coz baby kept going back up after each push, hopefully yours is more straight forward than mine :thumbup:x

Gosh this thread has answerd my question lol I was wondering if they would induce at 38 weeks if baby was big. I was 37 weeks yesterday and I have always been measuring way above where I should be by 2-3 weeks. My last baby was 10lb 2 and one midwife has told me I'm possibly heading the same way again. I've had one growth scan at about 28 weeks and they said he was slightly above the average weight at the time but nothing major. I've got another midwife appointment on tuesday to check how big my belly is this week and to see if I should be sent for another growth scan, I really don't want another 10lb baby so I'm kinda hoping they will send me for a scan then induce me at 38 weeks! Never been induced before and this is also baby number 3. Good luck hope all goes well for you x

I think whether or not they'll induce really depends on the individual doctor/midwife. They've estimated my guy at at least 9lbs at 38 weeks but they don't induce until I go at least a week over my due date. They said that it's very hard to estimate an accurate size of the baby and so they don't induce for size alone :shrug:

It's going ok so far - best advice is that a) my TENS machine is amazing, and b) about 12 hours after having the pessary I was hooked up to the monitor and I was I agony, then started shivering - I (fairly common) was having strong contractions brought on by the pessary (occasional reaction apparently) - I seriously would have slit my wrists at that point if I hadn't had the TENS machine. Also, ask for codine if you can have it - it meant I did actually sleep from 3am until about 15 mins ago despite the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->