Induction, did you pack anything extra/different?

Nibblenic

Reaction score
Pretty much as the title suggests

Got my indiction, starting with pessaries, from 3pm tomorrow. i am not over due, so could be a long process

Anything you ladies can think of to pack in your hospital bag different or you would recomend if you are being induced?

Ive packed another pair of pj's, cos obviously ill be in hospital longer than i originally thought.
And ive got some magazines.

Anything else?
Any suggestions, hints or tips?

Loose change for phone, bottled water, i pod, a book,

Good luck xxx

ice just incase ur hospital dont have a ice machine it really gave me something to bite down on lol.

i dont think u will need anything special. good luck

I would pack a nightie or two (or oversized mens t-shirts) because there's always a higher risk of c-section when being induced and you might find the pjs uncomfortable. That's what I was told anyway, I got cheapies from Matalan.

Take some squash, water gets boring after a while!!

nope i am not...... was thinking bout taking my book but i havent packed it yet lol.... should probably do that lol... i also have to put in some trackies and some jumpers as well as bonnets and bunny rugs for Layla... it is freezing in the hospital :(

My god i wish my hospital was freezing, its like a blooming sauna! and i hate getting hot!

So books, and yep maybe a extra nighty rather than Pj's

Mine is really hot too, I'm dreading it! Haven't actually been on the labour ward but the rest of the hospital is so guessing it will be too.

I bought one of those cooling face sprtizer things from Boots. I'm also taking in my Bio oil so DH can massage me :happydance:

Remember to take in snacks, you might be in there a while and don't know how often we get fed! I'm taking in mini packs of digestives and bananas. Apparently dairy products are hard to digest so shouldn't have those or anything too acidic.

about snacks ask before hand what there food policy is as because i was induced i wasnt aloweed to eat at all only drink

Our hospital is boiling too!
Nighties are a Godsend because pj's can be very uncomfy.
A mini-fan,magazines/books,MP3 player,drinks and snacks.

It can drag,I remember being in for my last induction and was so glad I brought things to do x

Yep. Ive been told that even if you are viaable to have ur waters broken that night they wont, and they let you 'sleep' and start u off the next morning!

I totally laughed when the midwife said that!!! Cos ur gonna sleep! nuttas!

if u have enuf gas and air u will sleep lol i napped in between every contraction hahaha

I had an emergency induction so just had what I had already packed- normal stuff! didnt miss anything!

good luck

OKAY...................... im packed!

I think im gonna look like im moving in!!! :blush::blush:

I have a small suitcase, with clothes for me and Lo, twoels, camera allt he stuff youd expect.
I have Changing bag, with a pack of mappies and cotton wool breat padds mat towels etc

I have my hand bag, large, notes, eletcroic make-up smellsies and notes

And OH has a bag with a change of clothes and magazines in and some more snacks

OMG!!!!! Seriously ive been through it 4 times and i dont feel like theres anything i can take out.
Everythings sooo bulky! too. GAH!!!!!!

Im gonna look like im moving in, Is it just me who has sooo much
:hissy::hissy:

Ive only got a tiny bit of makeup in my make-up bag, cos tbh im not a make-up kinda girl anyway just a bit of masscra and a YSL lighting touch stick (thought id need it lol)

I think it looks like alot, but i suppose i dunno what kinda tuff people normally take lol, im kinda hoping i can condense OH bag into my bags, or leave the one with all the nappy changing stuff etc unitl tomorrow?

Oh i dont know, my brains proper fuddled!

I was told to pack a separate labour bag, with the induction starting on the ward all of you things will be with you there. However they will take you to labour suite when your ready and the last thing i would have wanted to do was to get all my things together in between contractions. I just put a small separate bag in my case with the things i needed for labour and sttraight after eg lo's outfit, new underwear, a few pads etc
I am so glad i did this. Good luck xx

Another thing, just in case you go through the night - you might want some ear plugs! Can be noisy on the ward.

I took a box of granola bars, some other little snacks, and bottled water with me just in case it was a long delivery - which it was. Otherwise just the normal stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->