• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Induction due to GD

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
Has anyone or will anyone be induced due to medication controlled gestational diabetes? If so, how early?

I learned today that my diet isn't doing enough and I will now be insulin controlled. I've heard before that that can mean induction, which is devastating for me. I was hoping for entirely natural labor. :( DH is ok with it...he's excited about the possibility of getting to meet her early.

I haven't as I've been using diet to control my gd...however if I had to be on medication but my numbers looked ok and I wasn't gaining too much whilst on the medication, I would simply refuse to be induced unless they legitimately thought I would harm the baby...I'm sure they'll tell you there x,y,z risks however I'm not a number and neither is my baby and unless they seriously thought my baby or I personally were at major risk, I'd just tell them no ;)

I'm on insulin 4 times a day for GD.
My OB induces at 39 weeks as the placenta can fail causing slightly higher risks of still births.
But I'm also monitored with non stress tests twice a week as well as weekly ultrasounds.
So if anything starts declining or baby grows HUGE than they'll induce earlier.
I've been induced 3 times before and it's def harder than natural but I'm not willing to risk the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->