• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Induction? Fed up.

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
12 days overdue tomorrow and booked for induction at 9am. Was 5cm dilated at the hospital yesterday and sent home.....
Never been induced before.. been advised they'll just break my waters.
Anyone got any experience they'd like to share? I'm bricking it :nope:

So nervous it'll end up in a c-section or something:dohh:

You’re basically in advanced labour at 5 surely ? Don’t understand why they didn’t break your waters when you went in... i reckon your dilate fine you’re half way there... if you don’t they’ll give you the hormone drip... just remember you’ve already done most of it :) hope you have a speedy and easy labour! <3

Agreed with the post above! But getting induced I actually quite enjoyed, things do ramp up quite quickly once it's taken effect and births can be pretty quick, but overall I had a lovely induction experience with my second! I had to start with a pessary though I wasn't as dilated as you I think I was a 3cms, almost instantly started contracting, I got to about 5cms and I was contracting one on top of the other and dilating stopped, they broke my waters when I did manage to reach between 5 and 6cms, and literally baby shot out! It was over and done with within 2 hours and 2 mins start to finish:) hoping for a nice quick birth for you too!

You’re basically in advanced labour at 5 surely ? Don’t understand why they didn’t break your waters when you went in... i reckon your dilate fine you’re half way there... if you don’t they’ll give you the hormone drip... just remember you’ve already done most of it :) hope you have a speedy and easy labour! <3
I thought that! I just couldnt understand it at all. The 1st midwife i saw said i wouldnt be sent home then there was a change over of shifts and the 2nd was like ok time to go home! :shrug:

I argued that I didnt think it was a good idea but she told me there were "more important women" who needed the rooms. :dohh:

Thankyou <3

Agreed with the post above! But getting induced I actually quite enjoyed, things do ramp up quite quickly once it's taken effect and births can be pretty quick, but overall I had a lovely induction experience with my second! I had to start with a pessary though I wasn't as dilated as you I think I was a 3cms, almost instantly started contracting, I got to about 5cms and I was contracting one on top of the other and dilating stopped, they broke my waters when I did manage to reach between 5 and 6cms, and literally baby shot out! It was over and done with within 2 hours and 2 mins start to finish:) hoping for a nice quick birth for you too!
Oh wow! Thats good to know!

Oh wow! Thats good to know!

If I could get induced this time, I would choose it! I had that much of a lovely experience, it may be to do with how quick it was mind, as when I had my first it took 7 years and I was exhausted by the end of it, I spend my last birth with lots of energy afterwards, despite the problems I had afterwards, they broke my water sooner because my sons heart rate was dropping pretty low, but once it was broken I'm sure he flew out with the waterfall :rofl: good luck to you hun! I wish I was getting induced :(

7 years :rofl:

I just want tomorrow to hurry up now so I can have him and come home!!

If it took 7 years I could never do it! A few hours of pain is enough for me! Its 7 years of pain after they're born though! Pain in the purse :rofl:

I'm off in now for induction (well, about two hours from now) but unlike you I'm like 1cm dilated - if that. Baby not even engaged as of two days ago. Yet once I'm in it doesn't sound like I'll be coming out again. I've packed for four days, downloaded a ton of games to my phone, got a new book, packed a bunch of snacks - I'm in it for the long haul!

Sounds promising if you just need waters breaking though - and at 5cm you'd think they might well go before you go back in anyway? For me, waters being broken is after they try gel, then pessary, maybe the drip... and I'll probably still end up with a section :rofl:

Good luck being induced hun!! How exciting!

I'm off in now for induction (well, about two hours from now) but unlike you I'm like 1cm dilated - if that. Baby not even engaged as of two days ago. Yet once I'm in it doesn't sound like I'll be coming out again. I've packed for four days, downloaded a ton of games to my phone, got a new book, packed a bunch of snacks - I'm in it for the long haul!

Sounds promising if you just need waters breaking though - and at 5cm you'd think they might well go before you go back in anyway? For me, waters being broken is after they try gel, then pessary, maybe the drip... and I'll probably still end up with a section :rofl:
Good luck!! I hope it's over quickly for you!

My waters have never gone by themselves so I'm not optimistic of that happening :haha:

Oh well. 1 more night!!! :happydance: and I'm soooo tired that hopefully I'll be out like a light til the morning!

I look forward to seeing some pictures of brand new babies!!! :)

I actually cannot believe I'm finally going to have him here!!! I'm really excited!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->